Bliss and Beauxbatons

Sirius had gotten Camille to concoct a plan with him. Unfortunately one that didn't alter Ellie's fate, but one that would hopefully take the sting off leaving home, and now, the beautiful girl was pestering him about it. Of course he wouldn't spill a word, which only had her getting annoyed with him - thankfully, this didn't last long.

Two days, that was all Ellie had until it was time for her new life to begin at Beauxbatons, and they weren't supposed to leave Camille's until then, but now she was being told to pack all her things back up again. It was beyond confusing and she had no intentions of cutting her freedom short, so when Sirius wouldn't tell her what was happening, she merely started to pout. Pout until they'd appirated to somewhere that looked nothing like Beauxbatons.

"Viola!" He grinned, gesturing to the small farmhouse down the cobbled path they stood before.

"What is this?" She asked, stunned.

"Our home for one night. I've not been on holiday since I can't remember when, and you've not been this year, so I thought it might be nice to squeeze something in before school."

"We're staying here?"

"Yes, but the only condition is that all of us only speak in French for the duration." Camille replied, looking just as excited.

"But I'm rubbish at it." Ellie protested.

"Well, you'll be taking your classes in French from now on, so you better improve fast."

"There's a beach like five minutes away and the weather's supposed to stay this glorious, Cubs. It's a proper holiday." Sirius cut in, desperate to make these last couple of days as stress free as possible.

Ellie pulled him to face her, crashing her lips against his without warning.

"I love you." She whispered, and he kissed her again in reply.

"Right, enough of that." Camille interrupted, taking off down the cobbled path towards the farmhouse, "I have no intention of being sickened by your affections for each other. It makes me feel bitter and middle aged."

"At least you're still beautiful, Camille." Ellie called after her with a chuckle, squeezing Sirius' hand.

"I know." Her Aunt replied as if it was tiresome to be so good-looking.

The days at the farmhouse breezed by in a blur. Long hours of Ellie soaking in the sun on the beach whilst Sirius spoke to her in French from under the parasol with a t-shirt on in an attempt to prevent his ivory skin burning; early get ups being woken by the sun through wooden shutters, splayed out on the bed in as little clothes as possible and only fingertips touching because it was so hot; late nights sat with their feet in the pool, picking out the constellations that lay in different angles in the sky there, sharing cigarettes and expensive bottles of champagne without the need for glasses; endless gazing, countless kisses, and so many soft words that only the Mediterranean Sea had been allowed to hear.

It became as close to the heavens as they'd ever get in this life, and maybe, if things were different, the south of France could've become their permanent home after they'd both graduated from school. Somehow the land was laid out for them here already - beautiful people in a beautiful place, slightly hidden from the rest of the world. And it felt safe, safe and peaceful so far away from everything that was happening in Britain.

Ellie was starting to see why Beauxbatons had been picked for her, and even Sirius had become happy to leave her here, regardless for what that meant when she did come back to England. Her gold hadn't sparkled as brightly as it had done for a long time since they'd settled in this farmhouse, like she was made to remain here, and perhaps it had been the happiest she'd ever felt. Why did she have to worry about Lord Voldemort when she could be carefree here? Why would she ever want to go back to dull Hogwarts when Beauxbatons was in this breathtaking landscape?