Misdemeanours

Four days before the next full moon, there was a Hogsmeade trip, and initially, Ellie had been very excited to spend the day with the boys. Well... Spend the day with Sirius in particular. She hoped that maybe they'd be able to slip off for an hour or two, or just get some undisrupted time to spend with each other. It seemed like the perfect opportunity for them to do something where they weren't being scolded by their friends for not studying.

Regardless of the fact that Ellie was harbouring seemingly unrequited feelings for the handsome boy, she couldn't help but let him consume her with his everything. It was somewhat pathetic - or at least that's what Ellie thought it was. Because the healthy thing to do, would probably be to put space between her and Sirius, for then she'd be able to get over her feelings. If he didn't feel the same way, she'd have to respect that.

But, of course, these things are always easier said than done, and at this point, Ellie didn't care if he didn't like her back. Sirius still wanted to spend his every waking moment with her, and that was all she wanted for now. Ellie was happy being a lovesick puppy trailing after him all the time, if that's what it took to not lose him.

But then Darren Wayne had asked her if she'd like to go to Hogsmeade with him, and that ruined her plans completely.

Ellie was screaming loudly as her and Sirius darted around one of the trees by the Black Lake. She was in possession of his Defence Against the Dark Arts textbook, trying to avoid being caught by the handsome boy who wanted it back. The others were sat on the grass, wrapped in scarves and thick jumpers to combat against the icy wind, but they'd didn't entirely mind the cold, for just getting out of the castle for a while felt good. James had been attempting to help Peter and Sirius with revision on Boggarts whilst Remus interjected with extra details here and there. Until Ellie had interrupted that was.

The pair ran circles around the tree, getting dizzy quickly, but as the beautiful girl shouted wildly, Sirius only started laughing. It wasn't long until they were a crumpled heap on the grass, having both fell over, clutching their heads as their eyesight went back to normal. Tangled together so they looked like a discarded pile of laundry, Sirius still tried snatching for the book, but of course, Ellie wouldn't give in.

And that's how Darren Wayne found the beautiful girl - in a tussle with Sirius Black as he pinned her on her back to retrieve his textbook.

Clearing his throat to make his presence known, the sixth year shoved his hands in his pockets as he waited for her attention. Sirius didn't seem fazed by Darren interrupting them, ignoring him completely as he continued to grin in Ellie's face, but she'd shoved him off quickly to sit up.

She was slightly embarrassed he'd found her like he had, for she didn't know whether it was really obvious she was making it difficult for Sirius to get his textbook just so he stayed an inch in front of her face. Having Darren in particular know about her feelings for the handsome boy was something she didn't want, for she knew he'd get bored with her if she wasn't available. In many ways, she was using Darren for the attention he liked to give her, just as much as the sixth year was using the Youngest Descendant of Godric Gryffindor to boost his reputation a little.

The only difference was that Darren had actually found himself falling for the beautiful girl now that he knew how spectacular she was.  

"Hiya." Raking her hands through her hair and setting her clothing right again, Ellie knew she must look a sight, flushing slightly. Darren smiled wide when she finally looked him in the eye, for her pink cheeks only made her look even prettier.