Gryffindor

Sirius,

Thank you for your offer to babysit, but I'm not sure I could condone you dropping out of school before you've even done your O.W.Ls. However, you're always welcome to visit, and I know it's a long way off yet, but what about summer? Perhaps you could come for dinner one night, maybe bring Ellie? I do miss seeing her now I've graduated.

Ted is well and sends his regards, as is Dora. I am convinced she grows a centimetre a day and last week when she got the hiccups, it sent her hair changing colour every time. I'm sure she'd love to meet you.

As regards to your last letter though, I suggest maybe you speak to Ellie about how you're feeling. I know you don't like to express your emotions, nor is it your strong suit, but I do believe it might help clear the air. The last thing you want is for something like this to come in the way of your friendship.

Friends are family to people like us.

Please do make amends with Regulus, for I'm sure he meant no harm. Dealing with emotions can be tricky at your age and remember he's that little bit younger than you are too. I'm sure he's very confused about how he feels for Ellie - Merlin knows what your mother would do if she finds out. The only way you'll understand his intentions is by asking him directly, I know what your rash assumptions can be like.

I also ask you to reflect on your own feelings, because by the tone of your letter, the idea of Ellie kissing anyone would upset you. Consider what this means on your behalf? Perhaps there's another reason why Regulus liking her doesn't sit right with you?

Keep writing to me, you know I like to know you're well. And tell Ellie that if she wishes too, I'm always here for her to send a letter to every now and then.

Stay safe.

Your favourite cousin,
Andromeda 

Sirius didn't entirely take her words on, not endeavouring to reconcile with Regulus any time soon, though he was grateful for her advice all the same. He didn't know what she meant by 'reflect on your own feelings', for he was sure he knew what his emotions were doing. It felt like his cousin was insinuating something else, like she thought he might be jealous of his brother's feelings for Ellie, which of course, was ridiculous. There wasn't a lot he knew about relationships, even after being Jessica Arnell's 'boyfriend', but what he did know, was that the only thing between him and Ellie was friendship.

She was one of his favourite people in the whole world, but that didn't mean anything romantic. Cubby says she doesn't want a boyfriend.

It didn't matter how hard she tried, Regulus wouldn't speak to Ellie, or even walk down the same corridor as her. He'd actually turn on the spot and dart off in the opposite direction. All she wanted was him to make her understand how he felt, for them to talk about it and mend what was broken. Losing him as a friend wasn't an option, but he continuously made it difficult for her to believe they'd ever return to any form of normal.

She tried every day on the run up to the Christmas holidays. And every day he avoided her like the plague.

Perhaps things will be different after Christmas - she hoped.

But Regulus wasn't convinced they ever could be. What he'd done was a mistake, a momentary lapse of judgement, and if he'd been in his right mind, he'd never have kissed her. It was wrong, for more reasons than one, but being able to think straight round the beautiful girl was always difficult for him. In fact, it was a near impossible task. Regulus had no idea what would happen if his cousin got wind of what he'd done, for Narcissa would no doubt tell her mother, who'd inevitably then tell his, and then all hell would break loose. Quite literally. He'd seen what happened to Sirius for just stepping a toe out of line, so who knows what would happen, if Walburga Black found out he'd been harbouring secret feelings for a 'blood traitor'.