18th June 1976

The day was a very special one, for Ellie Gryffin was turning sixteen.

Last year, she'd been missing from school for her birthday, and so it felt even more important to celebrate this time around. The Care of Magical Creatures practical exam might be this morning, but not even that could make the day seem like a negative one - it was the beautiful girl's favourite subject after all. Plans were set out meticulously by Lily Evans so that not one hour of the whole day would be anywhere near dull, and even the sun was on their side, it being the hottest day of the year so far.

However, that meant getting Ellie to rise around seven o'clock in the morning, which proved very difficult when Sirius clung onto her like a koala bear. She didn't look any more reluctant to move than he did as James shouted loudly and Peter sung his rendition of 'Happy Birthday to you', the pair too warm and tangled together to even entertain the thought of being pried apart. Though, as usual, their messy haired friend had other ideas and eventually managed to tug Sirius hard enough that he fell out of bed. Ellie suppressed her laughter by burying her head in his pillow when the handsome boy groaned loudly, but she'd also been left vulnerable now. James leaped on her immediately, tickling her sides and making her squirm everywhere as she fell into hysterics.

Across the room, Remus was sorting out a pile of poorly wrapped presents for the beautiful girl, smiling to himself as her melodic laughter rang through the dorm. Even he couldn't be angry with the lack of sleep he'd received today. Ellie Gryffin was far too special.

"LET ME BREATHE!" She cried, eyes watering from hilarity as she managed to push James off.

He didn't go very far though, shoving his glasses up his nose as he stayed leaning over her with a huge lopsided smile on his face. Seeing how far she'd come from this time last year was enough to celebrate on its own.

"Happy Birthday, Cubs." He replied, planting chaste kisses on both of her cheeks. Ellie just giggled more as she batted him away, "I love you and you deserve the most spectacular day."

"I love you too, Jamie." Ruffling up his hair even more than it already was, she could only grin with pure happiness.

"Don't worry, we're gonna make the day legendary!" Peter interrupted throwing up his hands.

"Damn right we are." James climbed off of the bed, flailing his arms around clumsily as he offered Ellie a hand to help her up, "But first, Lily-flower has requested that you return to your dorm as soon as possible to get ready for the day. We are to meet you in the Great Hall for a Birthday breakfast feast and presents!" Putting on an overly posh voice, he kissed her hand as if she was royalty.

"You've got to open mine now." Sirius got to his feet quickly, rushing over to Remus before Ellie got a chance to leave, "I'm not just being needy, you've got to before you go and get ready."

With an eager grin, he snatched the box that contained his present, handing it over to the beautiful girl swiftly. She eyed him suspiciously as she retreated back to sitting on his bed, for whilst he looked excited on the outside, there was definitely a panic masked in his eyes. Whatever he'd gotten her, she'd love, Ellie knew that and so he didn't have to worry. Sending him comforting and extremely grateful smiles as she tore away the wrapping paper, she was purposefully as slow as possible, knowing that it'd be absolutely killing James with anticipation. He was actually bouncing on the spot, and as soon as she'd lifted off the lid of the previously wrapped up box, he had darted forward to get a look inside.

Sirius was running anxious hands through his hair and across the back of his neck, over-thinking his purchase and convincing himself that he should've gotten something else. But when Ellie's eyes lit up brighter than he'd ever seen them, a wave of relief washed over him.