Unreachable dreams

"Tell me about this art club then." Ellie requested as Léa led her through Beauxbatons' gardens Sunday morning.

The sun was shining already, and the day was set to be a glorious one - one they were going to spend painting all day. Walking in sync, the two girls followed the gravel paths around the main lawn towards the formal gardens that consisted of perfectly landscaped box hedges, rose bushes, and marble water fountains with statues in the centre of them. Everything was framed by the mountains of course, but even with being almost boxed in, no light was stolen, and the grounds never felt claustrophobic. The world was in technicolour here.  

Everyone had to take their own supplies to work with, minus the canvas boards and easels, so Camille had posted Ellie a box of all her art stuff yesterday in preparation. It had been a long time since she'd used anything, so she hoped she hadn't lost her eye, but Léa reassured her that there were all sorts of abilities in the club.

"Well, for starters..." She began, clutching a rolled-up pack of brushes and paints to her chest, "It's the artist's club. The president, Lamar, he's very precious about the fact that it's artists and not just painting art. Says that's just a fraction of the clubs interest. His boyfriend, for example, wants to be an actor on the Muggle West End."

They rounded the corner into a section of higher hedges, and it felt very much like entering a maze as they continued to weave in and out of them for a while. Apparently, they'd get to a clearing in the centre, completely secluded away so you couldn't even see the palace, but Ellie wasn't entirely convinced - they seemed to walk round in circles, and Beauxbatons was so magnificently set on the mountain face that the tallest turrets would be able to be seen from anywhere on the grounds, she was sure. Though Léa kept telling her to be patient, that there was a reason the club met in such a hidden spot.

"Now, I like this dress of yours, it's very nice, but have you got your best underwear on?" Léa asked her as she came to a random halt.

"What d'you mean?"

"Your best underwear, I hope you're wearing it."

"Why?" Ellie mumbled, suddenly feeling very self-conscious. Of course she'd not put on her best underwear, there had been no need to.

"Because all new members have to model for everyone as initiation." Léa shrugged as if this knowledge was widely known.

"In their underwear?"

"Preferably naked, but they'll usually let you keep your knickers on." Ellie opened her mouth to ask why on earth this was a thing, but then Léa continued, answering her question before it was spoke. "As if Madam Maxime would authorise life studies and we've got to practice somehow, no?"

"You could've warned me sooner."

Léa's lips curled into a wicked grin.

"Where's the fun in that."

She began walking again, striding off in front as if they were going to be late, and so Ellie went chasing after her, cheeks already flushing pink with the embarrassing thought of what was to come. Léa had to be pulling her leg, there was no other explanation, for surely it was completely inappropriate to strip for each other. Right now, Ellie wouldn't even strip for Sirius, and he was her boyfriend. Besides, she believed her body was better hidden anyway these days, what with the state it was in - she didn't fancy strangers goggling at her scars as if she was one of the sculptures that stood in the middle of the water fountains.

But Ellie could've chosen to remain in disbelief for however long she'd wished, but that didn't change the fact that as soon as they entered this supposed secluded opening between all the high box hedges, they were greeted by the sight of about a dozen artists all painting one of the seventh years. Rabastan Lestrange stood on a low plinth completely naked.