Chapter 10 - Traveling

August/28/2000

         I checked my status. I was on level 30 which is good for me to do hunting quests. I have to improve myself if I want to survive the waves.
         Lea is in the guild looking for a quest to gain levels and money and he gives some of his money to the church since Lea found out that children other than Mia live there. So Lea gave them money which the nun wanted to give some back which he denied he rather earned more.
         Lea: (Hey Darkness do you see anything good or something that will involve going outside?)
         Darkness: (Hmm I don't see any but I'm sure there is something good here.)
         I kept looking till I spotted something and I looked at it as I read.

'Need something from a city or town to come to our town to help with our goblin problem! Please we need help! Reward 1000 silver coins.'

         Another town? Now I think about it I only know the forest and Roothoot town and we are in Crystal Rein the country name I am in.
         As Lea checked the reward he thought of goblin.
         Lea: (Hey Darkness do you know about goblins?)
         It felt like Darkness made a sigh before speaking.
         Darkness: (Yes...they are savages. They like killing people most humans. They have a thing for kidnapping children. I heard from villagers that they eat or torture the kidnapped children.)
         Wow...that so...maybe I should really think about this.
         Lea thought if it was a good idea for him to go he didn't want Ava or Mia to go with him and Darkness is inside of Lea.
         If no one takes the quest then maybe people will die mostly children.
         Without even talking to Darkness he grabbed the quest and headed to the front desk.
         Darkness: (Hold up! Are you really going to take that quest!?)
         I kept walking to the front desk as Darkness said not to let me do the quest but I feel guilty if I decide to not do the quest since I saw the problem.
         Lea: "Excuse me can I take this?"
         The woman looked at the quest as gasp then looked at me with worry.
         Woman: "Are you sure you want to take this? I mean the place is just a day away but..."
         Lea: "It's okay I fought the waves, how hard can this quest be?"
         I fought like two waves and they were a challenge thanks to the waves I gained more to reach level 30. The woman just looks at me but sighs as she gives the quest back to me.
         Woman: "Go to the church the nun will explain more of the quest."
         Lea: "I understand thank you."
         Darkness: (Lea I'm saying this you are crazy. Crazy!)
         I just ignored him as I left the guild as I made my way to the church where I left Ava there to help Mia and the nun.
         Lea saw the church as he went inside, he saw kids playing around when they saw him wave or say hello to him as he did the same.
         I like seeing the kids doing fun things out of other things to make me happy.
         Lea headed to the room where everyone prays to god I was told god was watching over us to keep us safe.
         Lea: (Hey do you think gods are real?)
         Darkness: (I really don't know I just know they are watching over us.)
         Maybe someday I'll meet a god. I wonder what gods do other than watching over us.
         Lea saw the nun as I approached her; she noticed me and waved at me.
         Nun: "Hello Lea how are you today?"
         Lea: "Hey there it's been awhile I been good anyway I was wondering if you know something about this?"
         I handed her the quest as she read it and looked at me.
         Nun: "Lea are you taking this quest?"
         Lea: "Yes why?"
         Nun: "It just...I know this place but I never saw a quest with goblins here."
         Wait so goblins are not meant to be in this country?
         Nun: "Lea you have to leave town to get there."
         Lea: "I see, is there any way other than walking?"
         Nun: "Yes if you walk it takes two days but by wagon it takes one day. I know someone who can take you there but I'm wondering if you are going alone?"
         I thought about it and made my decision.
         Lea: "I'm going alone. I don't want Mia or Ava to do this with me."
         I really don't want them to come with me. I'm worried for their safety.
        Nun: "I see but you do have to tell them before you go it a good thing the person I know is leaving in an hour I make sure to tell her."
         She left to find the person as I do what she wants me to do it a good thing I found them.
         Lea saw Mia and Ava playing with the children as I approached them. I heard the kids.
         Kids: "Big brother!"
         I saw seven kids as they hugged me as I did the same they went back to play as Mia and Ava walked up to me.
         Mia: "Hey Lea! Did you find a quest to do which involves here?"
         I wonder if there is one.
         Lea: "No check."
         I give her the quest as she and Ava look at it when they finish, both of them look at me with so much worry.
         Mia: "Lea why you take this quest!?"
         Ava: "Is it going to be you alone to do this!?"
         I felt bad for making them worried.
         Lea: "Yes...I don't want you two to get involved with this."
         Ava: "But..."
         Lea: "I know I don't want anyone to lose their lives. I'll come back before you know it."
         They look at each other before nodding at each other.
         Mia: "Okay we will let you do the quest."
         Ava: "You better come back or else we tell god to punish you."
         I chuckled at this and I found it cute.
         Lea: "I will promise. Mia takes care of her."
         She nodded as hugged each other then I left to find the nun.
         Lea saw her before leaving the church as he walked up to her. It was like she was looking for Lead too.
         Nun: "Oh I found you, the person agreed to take you to the town we had a talk and she said she'll go when you are there with her. You'll find her at the entrance of the town."
         Lea: "I see thank you."
         I waved her goodbye as I made my way. I should not let the person wait but before I do...I need my katana.
         Lea ran back to the inn as he grabbed his katana as he locked the door. He paid his room as he told the innkeeper that he was away and he understood. Lea ran out of the inn and made his way to the entrance of Roothoot.
         I should be able to find her and maybe that her.
         Lea saw a wagon with a woman she had tan skin like me, Ava and Mia. Who also looked like a teenager and looked like a traveler.
         Lea: "Excuse me do you know the nun from the church?"
         She looked at me like someone told her about me.
         Woman: "Are you Lea?"
         Lea: "Yes I am."
         Woman: "Ah so your Lea Ruby nice to meet you I'm Zura the traveler I love traveling anywhere."
         She held her arm out as I gave her a handshake.
         Lea: "Nice to meet you. It must be fun traveling around the world?"
         Zura: "It is exciting to know what the world has in store and how much fun it is to find new things."
         I chucked because I want to travel.
         Lea: "So can I hop in?"
         She smiled at me.
         Zura: "It looks like we could get along nicely. Hop in the front."
         I went in the front I saw a horse and without warning we were moving as we headed out as we were on the road she looked at me.
         Zura: "So a quest from another town huh?"
         Lea: "Yep goblin problem."
         Zura: "Goblins I only heard they are from the waves."
         So they came from the waves then.
         Lea wonders what travelers do.
         Lea: "So what does it take to be a traveler?"
         Zura: "Well if you have a thing for seeing the outside world."
         I nodded.
         Lea: "What kind of things in case I want to do if I want to travel?"
         Zura: "Well you will need food, water, a wagon, a horse, and others it important that you have things while traveling."
         Lea: "I see."
         Zura: "But if you want you can travel with me sometime I always come back to Roothoot town before going somewhere else."
         Lea: "Sure I love to."
         She smiles as she looks back at the road I look at to see what was around me. I was surprised that I wasn't in a town or in a forest seeing the outside world right now.
         Lea: "So this is what it feels like when you see the outside world. What you think of the other world is the same."
         Zura: "What I've been thinking too. I wonder if it's fun to travel the world from one to another."
         Lea: "Maybe but now we're on the road. I bet you've been on the road many times."
         Zura: *chuckled* "You know I'm starting to like you more Ruby I've been on the road more than I could remember."
         Wow she really likes traveling. I'm surprised she said my last name. Maybe we are getting along better.
         Soon it was getting sunset as Zura stopped the wagon as she and Lea hop off the wagon.
         Zura: "Like I said you need food and water, you can't go traveling on an empty stomach."
         I nodded as we set up for cooking and eating. I helped Zura prepare the food and it looked delicious.
         It was now night as Lea and Zura were about to eat before he could even take a bite. Zura touched his shoulder.
         Lea: "Huh? Is something wrong?"
         Zura: "You didn't thank god."
         Wait what? Is it something I need to kniw or something?
         Lea did not know but he did remember his mom praying.
         Zura: "We always show our appreciation to god for giving us the meal."
         Lea: "I see."
         We put our hand to our other like we made a prayer.
         Lea, Zura: "Thank you for the meal."
         We started eating. It was good but when I looked at Zura she had stars in her eyes.
         Zura: "Woah! The food I made never tasted this good!"
         I really wonder why?
         Zura: "Lea did you add something?"
         Lea: "Well I put extra ingredients to make it taste better so yeah."
         Zura: "Wow you're good at cooking you could be a housewife someday."
         A house- what?
         Lea: "What that?"
         Zura: "Like someone who can take care of the house, In charge of food, keeping everything clean."
         So I'm like that.
         Zura: "But you know...I don't mind dating or marrying a little boy."
         Does she like me that much!?
         Lea felt red for some reason.
         Zura: "I was only kidding. I wanted to see your reaction."
         Lea: "You really got me."
         We share a laugh as we finish our meal I clean up as Zura put things away while I was clearing I saw the stars. It looks so pretty. I miss how I watched it with my mom. It was the best time.
         Lea: (Hey Darkness do you think that I'm a piece of something very big?)
         Darkness: (I really don't know Lea but I know that you have many talents that are unknown to me and you but I know that you are something that is part of something greater.)
         Lea: (Thanks maybe you are something greater too.)
         Darkness: (Hehe thanks but you should focus on your surroundings.)
         I knew what Darkness meant. I checked the map and saw red dots. Monsters are nearby.
         Lea: "Zura do you feel that?"
         I looked at her and I saw a sword that wasn't wooden but iron and she was already in position.
         Zura: "Yeah I can feel some nearby."
         Then the monster shown by Lea saw wild boars Lea knew were dangerous since they gave a loud roar they came straight at Lea as he used Metal Strike as he dealt some boars as Zura handled the rest.
         Lea: "Woah." (They sure bring a challenge. I wonder what level they are.)
         Zura: "Wow you fight well are you a Swordsman?"
         Lea: "A Swordsman?"
         Zura: "Oh you don't know it means that you are skilled in a sharp weapon or good at dual you manage to kill the boars with a wooden katana."
         A Swordsman maybe that should be my next title.
         Lea checked his status.

         Name: Lea Ruby
         Age: 6
         Level: 90
         Title: Forest Boy, Swordsman

         Huh!? I got the title Swordsman!
         Lea: "Guess I am a Swordsman."
         Zura: "That's why you're a very skilled, very impressive Swordsman."
         Lea: "Hehe thanks you're good too Traveler."
         I just realized my age it changed I guess it been a month and ten day I became six.
         Zura: "Aww thanks but anyway we have to sleep now I thought we could get somewhere safe."
         Lea: "Oh it's no big deal."
         She looked at me confused. I cast Protego, a barrier, surrounding us as she looked at me surprised.
         Zura: "A protection spell that is very powerful magic."
         Wait powerful magic?
         Lea: "Is my magic powerful."
         Zura: "Yes barely anyone can learn a protection spell."
         Wow I guess mom must be very good with magic. Maybe I would cause her trouble if she taught me so much I would play with magic.
         Zura: "But anyway we're fine for the night, let 's get some sleep."
         I nodded as we went back to the wagon. I noticed Zura place out sleeping bags. I went in one as she went in another.
         Zura: "First time sleeping outside?"
         Lea: "Does sleeping in a forest count?"
         She laughed a little.
         Zura: "I guess it counts anyway, sleep well."
         Lea: "You too."
         She closed her eyes as I did too. I still have to do the quest but I know I can do it. I made a promise.