Chapter 15 - Blessing

August/5/2005

         Ever since I became ten I have to buy the same white shirt and black shorts with the size I grew into but it doesn't bother me since it doesn't cost that much it's like a few coppers.
         Ava: "Hey Lea do you think we should rest today?"
         Lea: "Well yeah...you know what yes we should rest today."
         It took so much to get to level 65 I've been training nonstop so I guess I earned a break.
         Darkness: (But what should you do Lea because I saw you just train everyday and some days you practice cooking and sewing.)
         Lea: (...I don't even know I can't remember the time I had a day off of training.)
         It's not like I don't want to rest. I have the urge to train to be stronger.
         Lea: "Ava can you show me how to do a rest day?"
         Ava: "Oh sure I can think of many ways we could spend the day."
         Honestly I would go find Mia but she in another country I can't even go till I'm twelve if I try to go I'm pretty sure I'll be stopped by guards.
         Ava: "Alright Lea we will start our day by heading into town."
         I saw Ava have a board with the title 'Rest Day' and honestly I was surprised she somehow got that in our room and was impressed that she already had a lot of plans.
         Ava: "Let's go Lea."
         She grabbed my hand as we exited our inn room as we are now walking through the town now that Mia is gone. The kids' happiness is gone but I wasn't going to let that happen. They still had their big brother and sister around.
         Ava: "Hey Lea we should go to the church next."
         Lea: "Alright."
         We manage to keep the kids happy but we know they all miss Mia and we did too. We talk to everyone. I still feel bad for yelling at them but they forgive me but I still feel bad about it. We got breakfast first as we made our way to the church.
         As Lea and Ava were at the church they helped the nun do chores they played with the kids Lea and Ava always help the church since they have kids without parents.
         I don't want them to feel how I do without my parents so I make sure they don't feel depressed like how I did but I know that my mom is watching me.
         Ava: "Hey Lea the nun asked us for a favor."
         Lea: "Hmm what the favor?"
         Ava: "That one of us needs to go to a place called Witsa town to get some kind of cross to make holy water."
         Holy water I remember churches use those to heal a curse I guess she doesn't have the cross to make some.
         Lea: "I'll go to Witsa town beside I know someone who can take me there maybe you can help the nun to make holy water"
         Ava: "Alright she had been teaching me how to make it."
         Well I guess it's time to go find Zura.
         Lea went to find Zura. It was a good thing she told him that no matter what he always found her and surprisingly he did because she is eating right now which really surprised how I found her.
         Zura: "Oh hey Lea needs something."
         Lea: "Yeah I need to go to Witsa town."
         To my surprise she quickly stood up with an excited smile.
         Zura: "Alright let's go!"
         Like Ava she grabbed my hand as we literally set out and we were going fast for some reason.
         Zura: "If you're wondering I've been meaning to get my sword enchant."
         Lea: "Okay."
         Zura: "Oh and Lea...I heard what happened. I'm sorry what happened to your friend."
         Lea: "Thanks to you , many people always make me feel better."
         Zura: "It's because we care about you Lea."
         Lea: "Yeah but still it all happens so fast."
         Zura: "I know a mother selling her child then her and her husband just disappeared just abandoning their daughter that really messes up."
         Darkness: (I really wonder if they planned all of this maybe there was a reason for them selling Mia. Maybe they somehow knew about me and stopped me from helping you.)
         The effect of Darkness not coming out was still in effect. I don't know how long it would last.
         Lea: (But how would they know about you? Mia is the nicest girl me and Ava met how can there even be a reason.)
         Zura: "So why do you need to go to Witsa town?"
         Lea: "Oh to the nun, ask me and my sister a favor to get some kind of cross to make holy water."
         I can tell she knew what I was talking about.
         Zura: "Oh the nun needs a special cross because when you have it you can use it to make a blessing for god to put the blessing in the holy water."
         Lea: "I see why she needs a cross."
         Zura: "Anyway we should be there already."
         I looked and was amazed how fast we got there.
         Lea: "Wow! We got here fast."
         Zura: "Yep anyway just go to the nearest church and a priest who can give you the cross while I go enchant my sword."
         Lea: "Alright see you."
         We went our ways as I asked people where the church was. It was a good thing I did the quest here because people won't tell me because of my age and height.
         Lea went to the church. It looked the same but it didn't matter he had to get what he came for.
         When I entered the church I saw more nuns. I guess the nun at Roothoot was the only nun. Maybe not many women could be nuns.
         Priest: "Why hello child may I ask why you're here?"
         I saw a man in fancy clothes I knew I should not be disrespectful.
         Lea: "Hello I am here to ask if you have a cross for holy water."
         Priest: "Ah do you have a nun in your party?"
         Lea: "No I'm just doing a favor."
         Priest: "I see what a nice boy you are."
         I smile as he asks the nun to get the cross as the nun went to find the cross as I waited as I checked my status screen.
         Lea wondered if he could put items in his item menu as he remembered he had potions in his item menu. He tried taking it out and surprisingly it worked.
         Lea: (Woah I just made a potion appear! Maybe I could put it back.)
         Lea put it back as it did he was surprised that he could carry items without holding them.
         While I was doing it the nun came back as she was holding a cross. She gave it to me as I thanked her as she bowed.
         Lea: "That was easy."
         I really thought the priest and nuns would ask me questions. Wait, now I think about the waves here.
         Lea: (Hey Darkness do you think-)
         Before I could ask if the sky turned red as I saw the waves here I noticed some villagers were being teleported there really was an hourglass here.
         Lea: "Tsk!"
         I ran to the source of the Waves as I did. I saw monsters being out. I took out my katana as I fought. I needed to get stronger, sorry Ava but the waves are a threat.
         Lea: "Metal Strike!"
         I fought skeletons they were hard to deal with even at a higher level but it doesn't mean I should underestimate them.
         Lea took down every skeleton as he kept going as he did he saw people who were injured he stopped as he went to them as he used Cure.
         Woman: "Thank you!"
         Lea: "No problem getting to safety!"
         There was no way I'm letting villagers get hurt as I cast Protego on them as they went to find a safe place as I kept going.
         Lea reached the wave source as he saw many villagers doing their haret to fight as he ran to them.
         Lea: "Need a hand?"
         I saw the boss was some kind of two headed snake.
         Villager: "We need all the help we can get!"
         Lea ran to the two head snake as it was locked on Lea but he was fast as he made the first strike.
         It's agility is good so I have to be careful.
         As Lea continued to fight he didn't notice the other head was behind him as he got bit.
         Ack! ...I feel weird all of a sudden?
         Lea checked his condition and he was poisoned.
         I've been poisoned!
         Before the two head snake could do anything it was stopped by two people. Lea could barely see who it was as he felt someone was giving him an antidote.
         I'm feeling better wait... is that!
         Lea: "Sura! Zura!"
         Zura: "Thank goodness you're okay!"
         Sura: "Why did you deal with the boss by yourself!?"
         Lea: "I had to to finish the wave."
         Zura: "But that doesn't mean you should be reckless."
         Lea: "Sorry."
         Sura: "But anyway, let 's finish this."
         Lea: "Right!"
         I stood up as we faced the two head snakes charged at us as I used Protego to stop its poison fang.
         Lea: "Now!"
         Sura and Zura slash the two head snakes but it wasn't enough to kill it as I did slash my own. It did much damage but it didn't look like it was giving up.
         Lea: "It is resisting so much."
         Zura: "This is a tough boss."
         Before we could do anything else the cross I had in my pocket started to glow as it came out and finished the two head snake by going through its heads.
         ...Wh...What!? Did the cross do that?
         The cross floated back to Lea as he caught it and he and the sisters looked at it.
         Lea: "What just happened?"
         Darkness: (Believe me I don't even know what just happened.)
         Zura: "You got that from the church right?"
         Lea: "Yeah was that supposed to happen?"
         Sura: "Well I heard that if people have a cross made from a church the power of god will protect the one who has god blessing. Plus it was made by the Goddess of Love herself."
         The Goddess of Love!? I remember that she was a god for this country with the power of wind. Wait so does that mean I have god blessing!? Wait if any person who has the cross will have the blessing it is not like I can really have but still that power is something.
         Sura: "But thanks to that we end the wave."
         As she said that the sky changed back as it was now showing a sunset as Lea put the cross away he didn't want to know more he just knew that he wasn't qualified enough to know the power of god.
         Zura: "So need a ride home?"
         Lea: "Yes and I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to be gone for that long."
         The two of them laugh.
         Sura: "A sister huh well I already know how she will reach."
         Lea: "Really how."
         I notice she just looks at Zura which she blush I see now and I smirk.
         Zura: "Stop the smirk or you lose your ride home."
         I knew she was serious so I immediately stopped.
         Zura: "Anyway we should go."
         Sura: "See you!"
         Before Lea left he asked Sura where the hourglass was and it was at the church he just didn't see it as he registered it seeing that he has three weeks till the next one here now he had two timers on his screen.
         We said goodbye as I got the ride home which I'm glad I did if I didn't stop smirking I would have to walk home.
         Lea and Zura rentuned at Roothoot town as he waved Zura goodbye as he made his way to the church the moment he reached her he went pale as Ava and the nun was there waiting.
         Darkness: (Oh Lea you're in for it now.)
         I knew what he meant. I wasn't worried about the nun but Ava it was a different story.
         Lea: "Umm...I'm back." (Yep I'm doom...)
         Ava: "Lea...what were you doing the whole time?"
         I really can't think of a way to lie.
         Lea: *sigh* "I got what you wanted but during the last time I was there I didn't realize that Wista town had an hourglass and I was caught in it so I had no choice but to fight there was no way I would run away from it."
         Nun: "Did you defeat it?"
         Lea: "Yes I did and here."
         I gave her the cross she knew was real and thanked me.
         Lea: "Oh are you a priest here by chance?"
         She looked at me in shock.
         Nun: "How did you know?"
         I chuckled at her reaction.
         Lea: "Well who else would keep the church under control."
         She looked at me and smiled at my answer.
         Nun: "I see why Mia likes you."
         I looked at her as I had my head down, smiling. I guess she was telling her how good a kid I am.
         The nun hugs Lea as he did the same; they miss her as Ava joins in the hug and soon let's go.
         Nun: "I should get the holy water blessing now."
         I nodded as we followed her and we entered the church as we went to a room where I saw lots of holy water in circles and placed the cross in the middle as we saw her pray.
         As the nun prayed light was coming down as Lea saw lots of light Ava was surprised by the light show. Soon the light got in the holy water lots of them were being blessed by god and soon everyone of the holy water was blessed.
         Darkness: (That's good to watch.)
         Lea: (Yeah it is.)
         Nun: "Thanks for doing the favor Lea these holy water are important it could help with any curse and Ava thanks for helping me make them."
         Lea: "Sure."
         Ava: "We like to help."
         Nun: "And for your hard work here I assist."
         She gave me and Ava each five holy water. We were surprised so was Darkness.
         Lea: "Thank you."
         Ava: "Thanks!"
         She smiled as we waved goodbye as we did Ava give me her five holy water.
         Lea: "Huh!?"
         Ava: "I have a feeling that you need more than one holy water."
         I smile at her and give her a head pat.
         As she looked straight Lea put the ten holy water in his item menu he knew would be useful for him someday.
         Lea: "I guess she wants us to have the blessing."
         Ava: "Seems like it."
         The two walk home as they would do whatever they do.