Chapter 17 - Katana Swordsman

1 Month and 25 Days Ago August/14/2007

         Lea was in his room reading light novels.
         These novels are so interesting maybe I could write my own novel well I do have a journal.
         He enjoyed reading books which made him want to know more about this world. While he was reading he heard Jake's voice.
         Jake: "Hey Lea!"
         Lea: "Yeah!"
         Jake: "Can you come down stairs!"
         Lea: "Okay!"
         Why does Jake need me?
         He got up and headed down stairs where he saw Jake standing while Ava was watching TV he saw Lea and walked up to him.
         Jake: "You're good with your katana right?"
         Lea: "Depends on what you're talking about." (You're talking to a Swordsman right now.)
         Jake: "Well while on my walk I saw a poster and it said in a week there is going to be a competition for sword and katana wielders it you win you earn the title Katana Swordsman."
         Ohhh! Katana Swordsman!
         Lea: "That sound like a good title for me."
         Darkness: (Make sense because you only wield a katana.)
         Ava look away from the TV to us.
         Ava: "You should definitely enter you been using your katana since you got it which was 7 years ago you been using it on quest, training and other things you were using your katana."
         Yeah I kept bragging about during training.
         Lea: "Yeah I should join when is the deadline?"
         Jake: "Well it's...today"
         ...
         Darkness: (...)
         Lea: "...What?"
         I said quietly which made Jake said it again.
         Jake: "At four you got a hour left you should go-"
         Before he could finish his sentence Lea took off with the paper Jake was holding and ran straight to where it was registering at.
         Lea: "No way I'm missing this!"
         Lea yelled as Jake just watch him running.
         Jake: "Okay I guess we wait here."
         He watch TV with Ava.

         20 Minutes Later

         Lea: (Got to hurry!)
         I want to join on this!
         Lea soon was in a place where the competition was and he saw the register booth he made it and spoke to the person who was incharge of it.
         Lea: "Excuse me is this where we are entering for the torment of katana wielders?"
         She look at me, it's a good thing I change clothes or else she would think I was a poor kid.
         Lady: "Yes this is if you want to enter just touch the orb and it will register you to compete."
         Okay just touch the orb seems easy enough.
         Lea touches the orb and it glows then it stops and gives him a card.
         Okay that happened.
         Lady: "This card shows you that you are in it start in a week from now so come here again when the day come we hope you have a katana with you when the day come."
         Could she not see I have my katana on my back?
         Lea: "Thank you."
         Lea left as he was walking home he stopped at a shop and he looked around and he saw some resources. Then he saw a broken katana.
         Me have idea!
         It was cheap so he brought it. The cashier was concerned about him buying a broken one but he sold it to Lea then walked from the store to a park. He made sure no one was around then he took out the card and he saw the rules and who was competing.
         Checking...checking okay all clear.
         Lea: (So during the battle no skills or have another weapon with you...hey Darkness.)
         There something on my mind for a while that I want answers.
         Darkness: (Yeah?)
         Lea: (Can people wield two weapons?)
         I really want to wield two weapons!
         Darkness: (It a unique skill it very rare.)
         Unique? Do I need to meet some kind of condition to unlock it?
         Lea: (I see I wonder what happen when I do that.)
         Lea took out the broken katana and held it on his left hand as his wooden katana on his right but suddenly a shock was on Lea's left hand which made him drop the broken katana with pain on his left hand.
         Lea: "Ow!"
         What the heck!?
         Darkness: (What happened?)
         Lea saw his warning on his screen.