Chapter 5 - Shadow Friend

Forest Night

         After meeting Darkness I was wondering if he really doesn't remember I want to test it out. I found out that we can communicate through thoughts not the ones I'm doing right now, just something that I think that I'm talking to myself.
         Lea: (So, Darkness you can't remember who you were or how you got turned into a shadow? If you don't mind me asking that is?)
         Darkness: (Yeah I really can't seem to remember. Everything is blurry because of the war you said. But I only know that I have to watch over you like it's the only thing I can recall remembering. For some reason I felt that I can rely on you for many things if you have my respect for everything.)
         Hmm...it seems he trusts me so much that he is willing to follow my motives. Or maybe follow me anywhere I go.
         Lea: (I see. Thank you! I think I should check my skills, maybe I got something new because of me having my memories back.)
         Lea checked his skills. He did gain some new skills but he didn't know what they were because he was not fit to use them or was just way under-leveled he wondered if his system had something to do with skills but he did check other screens then he remembered his party icon now he was getting more interested to be in a party with his new friend and companion.
         I wonder how the whole system works? Maybe I'll find out more about it. Maybe Darkness knows, even if he doesn't remember he must know something about the system.
         Lea: (Hey how can I have a party now that I'm thinking about it, can we party with anybody or with animals?)
         Darkness: (Well you can send an invite to others to join but I only know it works on people but animals I really don't even know but try sending me an invite.)
         Okay it seems like he had his own system like me. I wonder how well we can work together.
         Lea looked through his party and he saw 'send an invitation' he used it and it said to send to someone in front of you or send it to anyone nearby since Darkness was close to Lea he was able to get his invite he accepted it and Lea saw his name, HP, SP and MP. He was amazed.
         Lea: (Wow I can see your status and I can see your level...it says it is unknown just question marks. Do you know what level you are at?)
         Darkness: (Yeah I can see my status but when I check my level the question marks were all I can see by my level. Also the party allows you to see your party level, stats and you can use your map to locate them. It is good to have this kind of magic.)
         A question mark maybe his form is causing him to not gain levels or something. At least he told me more. But still I thought there was something that was making his status screen like that.
         Lea: (It is amazing all right but is that all because again I'm interested in what my status screen can do. Maybe when I reach over to another world.)
         Darkness: (Well I remember that someone says that if someone is too far away to cause the party members to be removed from your party if something were to happen to them but that was a rumor. Actually I don't even know where I heard this.)
         Rumors huh? Well I don't know either...? The fact that I only been in the forest for five years so I never heard any rumors about me during my time in Roothoot Town.
         Lea nodded in agreement as Darkness knew that his head moved in agreement. He just felt something was moving inside of his body.
         Darkness: (There are some secrets that we don't even know but someone will find out that something was off with the menu.)
         Lea: (Wow that's what happens if you are far away that the party will possibly disable your party members or to locate someone.)
         Darkness: (Again I really don't know but maybe who knows maybe we will find out someday also did anyone tell you about the system because you looked like you didn't fully understand the system.)
         Sigh he had to say it but I can't blame him. I mean all I did was want something that no one had ever seen before.
         Lea: (I think my mom had one, maybe her level was high but she didn't tell me for some reason but I think she was going to and might have helped me understand it...if she didn't die.)
         Lea muttered the last part so his shadow friend didn't hear but he still heard it. To him he felt so bad for asking him the question.
         Darkness: (Lea...I didn't know...)
         Lea: (No it is not your fault you were asleep but it is the guy who did it to her I don't know who he is but someday if he reveals himself and says he was the one who did it I'll make sure he pays.)
         Darkness: (Lea was that promise you made to your mom because I have a feeling that you made that promise but another one after you fulfill that promise.)
         He wasn't wrong about that. Right now I'm very weak. I'm only level 15.
         Lea: (Yes I promise that I'll kill him but that's the promise I made to her that I'll kill him not now until I'm stronger.)
         Darkness: (That might be too far but if that is what you wanted I won't stop you cuz you loved your mom so much. I'm not sure if I had someone who is like a mom to me but I can tell you that she would have protected you.)
         Lea: (Hey Darkness I want to make a promise to you.)
         Darkness: (Oh what is it?)
         Lea: (If someday if I go to other worlds I find the prince and princess and bring them home if I can.)
         He made some kind of shock noise which surprised him. I mean I was to go on an awesome adventure.
         Darkness: (?! Lea you sure?)
         Lea: (Yes we're friends aren't we? We have to stick together and help each other all the way!)
         Darkness: (Lea thank you I hope we find them.)
         Lea: (Sure we are friends now and friends never turned their back on a friend. That is something I want others to know even if I don't say it to them.)
         Lea with Darkness inside of him made another promise that he would find them with others or alone he will keep his promise no matter what. But what Lea didn't know was that Darkness was thinking back of something of his blurred memories.
         Darkness: (...)
         Darkness was thinking about his past but no matter what he thought he didn't remember any of it, just only what he heard while he was sleeping as he just closed his eyes as he wanted to know if there was a way to recover his memories or if it will be back.
         "Hey —! Come on, we'll be late if we don't hurry up! We don't want them to keep waiting."
         He suddenly remembered hearing a girl's voice then a flash of light came to his vision.

         Flashback Years Ago

         Darkness remembers himself being a little boy as he was running in a crystal hallway as five other little people are running alongside him to make their way to the throne room as the king and queen are sitting in their seats while one holds a blue and pink blanket with two babies wrapped inside of it.
         "Ah everyone, we're glad to see you."
         "Your majesty, your highness, what are you carrying?"
         "My guardians from this day forth you will be protecting not only us two but your future king and queen."

The king and queen showed two newborns as the six watch as they have a new job to protect their next ruler as they kneel as the person who is Darkness spoke.
         "We understand and your majesty and highness we guardians swore we'll protect our prince and princess till the end for you both."
         "Thank you everyone you may leave now."

Then the six leave as the boy looks back to the two babies again as a smile comes to him to protect their future king and queen as he leaves the throne room alongside with his friends. He swore to himself he and his friends will protect his future king and queen and treat them like family.

         Flashback Over

         Darkness: (I swore to protect them...that was the vow I made to them...to my king and queen. I know the prince and princess are still out there somewhere. That is what his majesty said before his death...before he placed me in...in...!)
         Lea: (Huh? What did you say about Darkness?)
         I was hearing Darkness muttering about something. It was something about the prince and princess but I didn't hear clearly what it was about. I heard him shutter before speaking.
         Darkness: (Nothing just talking to myself...don't worry about it Lea.)
         Lea: (Alright if you say so...)
         I wonder what he said? But I think it was something too important that he didn't want me to know. So I didn't question him further.
         Darkness was now wondering where the two people he vow to protect now wonder if they are safe. As well as his friends he knew they could be anywhere in this world or there was a possibility that he thought they were outside of the world.