44

After a long ride on the train, Silvia and Saeko finally arrived at the main estate.

The neighborhood was built on a small mountain, houses were built on the flat land on top of it. It was a bit of a pain constantly going up and down the roads, but because the families living there were well off, they had no problem whatsoever.

Stopping the old-timey model of a car in front of the gates, the couple's long trip finally ended.

"Wah~ your house bigger than I remember Silvia." Saeko muttered as she looked at the mansion.

"No. . . I think it actually got bigger."

Looking over at the mansion, Silvia saw a major change in the building. It had looked like two other rooms were added in the sides of the house, making it wider than it had in the past months.

~Silvia's POV ~

What is Kana-kaasan doing. . .

I thought to myself.

Normally the only person who gets to renovate the house is Kana-kaasan, she was the one who decided most things in the house. Though I say normally, it's been like ten years since the house was last renovated.

I don't really have problems with rebuilding or redecorating the house, but the fact that it got bigger made me feel bad for the maids who cleaned the house.

You don't understand how much of a pain it is to clean.

"Ohaiyou, Silvia-sama Saeko-sama. I hope you had a comfortable trip."

""---ahk!?""

Suddenly out of nowhere, an old maid had appeared beside us. Both me and Saeko were startled, what the hell Neru-obaasan!

Without another beat, a line of servants suddenly formed in front of us. With flawless movement, their hands hovered on their chest and proceeded to bow.

"""Welcome home, Ojou-sama!"""

OH MY GOD SOMEBODY KILL ME--!!

It was like I was seeing a yakuza movie where the heir to the seat finally arrived home after five years missing from a dangerous island.

It's so embarrassing and cliche!

I was practically having a mental seizure at the sight of this. Saeko was awestruck at the random display of respect, though I can tell she was somewhat having fun.

"Isn't your fami-- I mean, our family quite fun to be around with, dear?"

"Saeko. . ." I was somewhat touched she said our family, but my ears were twitching nonstop that I didn't have time to appreciate.

Taking a deep breath, I was about to have everyone stop but before I could my mortal enemy appeared right across me, just outside of the mansion doors.

"My my, welcome home my child!~ I'm so sorry about missing your wedding Silvia, Kaasan was so busy as of late."

"Kana-kaasan. . ."

Kana-kaasan had this soft aloof smile, she wore a comfortable kimono together with an elegant haori. She looked fancy yet comfortable in her outfit.

Though I say Kana-kaasan was my mortal enemy, she wasn't a person I hate. I considered her my enemy because I couldn't win against her. . .

And now my wife is slowly becoming similar to kaasan-- Noooooo!!

Seemingly seeing my dreaded look, Saeko suddenly giggled followed by Kana-kaasan.

Hearing that cheerful laughter, even the servants started giggling and surrounded us in smiles.

"Welcome home Silvia-sama!"

"Nice to meet you Saeko-sama!"

"Please take care of us in the future."

"You sure have grown."

"Look at this darling angel!"

Everyone here saw me grow up from a small brat into the mess that I was, so it was only natural everyone treated me like a family. I just wished they didn't participate in Kana-kaasan teasing, everyone here treats me like a kid, I'm no-

"Here, your favorite sweets Silvia-sama."

Okay, just this once. I'll let them slide.

* * * * *

Being taken inside the living room, Kana-kaasan proceeded to pat me in the head.

"Kaasan come on! I'm not a child. . ."

"But you'll always be my child Sil-chan." She said with a smile

"H- hai. . ."

Being called my nickname and patted in the head wasn't so bad. Normally other kids utterly hated being treated like this, but this was something I didn't have before. So I will cherish moments like this.

After a few more seconds of rubbing my head, Kana-kaasan turns to Saeko. Both of them had identical smiles on their faces, but Kaasan's was more motherly.

"It's been a while, my dear, I'm so sorry for missing the wedding."

"No, no. It's fine Kana-kaasan, it's good to meet you again."

Hearing Saeko calls Kana-kaasan, kaasan, her face suddenly lit up in joy. She looked at me with sparkly eyes.

"Oh my god, Sil-chan we keep her?"

"Kaasan, she IS part of the family."

______________________

The difference between Kana and Saeko is that Kana is a bit sly and she's more likely to mess with people. Saeko is sweet and more likely to treat others kindly.

Silvia just can't win an argument against either of them.

I have Christian studies this week and I think I am going to die from drowsiness. I'm sorry God, I trust you and all, but the teachers are just so boring to listen to.

There are exceptions, but I encountered them during elementary. . .