50

Looking over to Kana-kaasan, I quickly greeted her good morning before glancing at Rei-kaasan. As strange and awkward as the atmosphere is, life in the Yuuno family is already strange. Ignoring this kind of thing was as easy as breathing, so with that in mind,  I proceeded to sit on the table right corner of the room

There laid some files and papers that needed to be read and signed. I took a seat and started with my work, organizing the important documents from the lesser urgent ones. None of this paperwork really needed my signatures, I'm just here to organize them for Kaasan.

While I started doing that, I could feel a pair of eyes staring through my soul. It was Kana-kaasan. She was looking at me with a judgmental expression, she seems to be saying, "I see, you're ignoring us now," with great intensity. 

'Haaa~~'I sighed internally, what is up with this weird family. . .

 Meeting her eyes, I put down the papers.

"Yes, do you need something?" I asked properly, straying from my usual speech patterns.

"No, nothing my dear," Kaasan replied, gracefully going back to her work. Obviously sneaking peaks at me. 

Even if you bury your face with paper, I can still feel your gaze, you know!

I could feel my ears twitch under her suspicious stare.

"Haa~~" I sighed again, looking at Rei-kaasan who was sitting seiza on the floor. 

She was looking at me calmly like nothing was wrong at all. Aren't you people in trouble supposed to sit in seiza, why are you acting like your on a vacation? 

Without taking my eyes off of her, I asked in monotone.

"Are you, in any way, messing with me?" Hey, look at me straight in the eyes!

"Hmm~ not really," Rei-kaasan responded, still ignoring eye contact from me.

Swiftly turning my gaze to Kana-kaasan, I eyed her suspiciously. I think I know what they're up to.

"Is there something you'd like to ask me? A favor, a question, what is it?" I was starting to get irritated with this question-and-answer portion of this conversation. Oftentimes, they would do this kind of thing when they did something terrible to me or my possessions or just wanted to ask me something that may or may not be personal.

Honestly, their thought process is a mess.

Despite being adults in their late 30's and parents too, to now, two kids, they still act like a bunch of 10 years olds. Not that childishness is a bad thing. But similar to raising a child or a sibling, it can get really annoying when they become unpredictable, especially so when these 'kids' are your parents with all the power in the world to order you around.

Turning her eyes to Kana-kaasan, both I and Rei-kaasan waited patiently for Kana-kaasan's response. We could visibly see her sweatdrop as she was put in the spot. It wasn't until a few seconds later when kaasan started to blush and giddy.

"I- Is something wrong, why are you both looking at me like that? Because I'm too pretty~ Kyaa!~"

Both wife and child showed disturbed looks on our faces.

Stop trying to act shy and shojou-manga like, It's creepy damn it!

Quickly recovering from her wife's actions, Rei-kaasan fake coughed.

". . . From your question, yes, we do have something to ask you, Silvia," She said semi-seriously. Really not matching your sitting position there on the floor kaasan. 

"What is it this time?" I slouched on my seat, "You tryna make me do stupid stuff for you guys again, or are you perhaps setting up an inheritance competition between me and my new sister?" I asked sarcastically.

"Is something wrong with your head, Sil dear?"

"YOU'RE ASKING ME THAT!?"

Being asked that question by the true brain-damaged Kana-kaasan is like an insult. It feels like if a plague doctor called a medical professional stupid for not knowing how great scented flowers are for your body. Weird analogy, but you get my point.

Shaking her head, Rei-kaasan shifted from her seat.

"Hm, no. . Were asking you to take your sister to your vacation with Saeko."

"What? But who will take care of her?"

"You, obviously."

"Eh?"

If I hadn't noticed already, I'm not very good at dealing with kids, especially those who are significantly younger than me. Playing pretends, fake acting, and high-pitched squeals are things few of the things I can't handle when being with one. But I can't not hang out with Kotone, she is my sister!

Ughh, you're putting me in a tight spot kaasan!

Trying to find an excuse, I spoke

"I- I don't really mind, but this is for Saeko's break. I heard how tough it is in the medical field, so I wanted to give her a time for rest before the big stress of it all happens." I reasoned, "So, I don't know if I can bring Kotone with me."

"Well, you do have a point," they both nodded, seemingly getting convinced.

But, as if God took all of the luck within me to my younger sister, I heard a small knock on the door which was quickly swung open.

"We can bring her along, Kotone-chan I mean." The person smiled brightly.

My wife just happened to be listening to the conversation.

-----

<EXTRA>

Glancing at Rei-kaasan, I asked Kana-kaasan.

"So why is she sitting seiza on the floor?"

"fufufu, just to mess with you."

". . . to annoy with you."

Should I be happy she's not in trouble or angry that they seriously are trying to piss me off?