14

I had a bit of free time, so I'm writing this. Also, I favor the Villainess.

[Author's Note 2023: This was during the time when I Favor the Villainess was still updating. I'm keeping this old note as a nostalgic reminder.]

*****

~Silvia's POV~

The sun slowly rose over the horizon, indicating the start of a new day. The chirping of birds outside the window created a light and natural melody for people to wake up with. Accompanied by the whooshing chimes of the trees and clacking of wood in the pond, it was simply a normal day of serenity.  

Sunlight slowly shined through the thin sliding door, gleaming me with its annoying glory.

It's too bright

I thought as I covered my eyes with a free arm.

"Hmn~°"

There was a rustling noise beside me as the person who laid on my chest started to wake up.

"Ohaiyo, Saeko"

"Ohaiyo, Silvia . ." She replies with a gruff voice and leaned closer to touch her lips with my cheek, giving a chaste kiss. I could tell she was slowly dozing off as her breathing slowly became more relaxed.

I smiled wryly "Hai, Hai, It's time to wake up." I shook her shoulder.

". . . Hnm, you're always like this," She groaned drowsily, ". . not letting me sleep when I don't have classes," she huffed in a pouting voice.

"Well, it's for my aspiring doctor after all." I grasped her cheek as she slowly lifted herself up with her arms to get on top of me.

"Your lying."

"Hai~

Saeko smiled as she peered down, towering over me, with my head in between the arms that kept her hovering a few inches from me. With her posture, her kimono slowly slid off of her shoulder, exposing her soft supple skin, creating a beautiful scene right in front of me. Her drowsy eyes were replaced with a loving look that I still haven't quite gotten used to.

How I wished for this.

Back in my previous life, I've never had someone to be considered a lover. Boyfriend or girlfriend, nor was I interested in anyone. I had my fair share of thoughts about people and whether I would fall for their looks or personality but nothing seemed to click, and I've gotten to know quite a few attractive individuals.

In the end, It was just me.

Back in high school, I was the girl that could get along with anyone.

I hung out with the weirdoes, I had fun talking with the smart students, it was interesting to interact with the popular kids, and it was nice messing around with the delinquents. There was a group I was with more often than the others, but I had no actual close friends.

Not that I mind. 

My day to day would pass normally, nothing new occurred, not did I feel explicitly lonely. It would have been an completely mundane high school life if a very real rumor hadn't started circling around,

I found out, a guy had a crush on me.

He didn't confess, but everyone in the class knew he was interested in me. What's more, he was my seatmate. It was a year of agony and trying to pretend I had no clue, it worked for a couple of months, that was until one of my friends directly said it to my face at lunch.

Everyday I had to experience second-hand-embarrassment, I felt sorry for the guy and me, as I didn't have the guts to outright say I didn't like him-- and when he literally hadn't confessed. 

Every time school ends and it was time to go home . .

I always wonder,

Why can't I feel the same thing?

Why can't I like him back?

Was it because I hated everyone's teasing?

Or was it, I simply couldn't?

I wanted someone to love me.

I wanted someone to care for me.

But I can never seem to find that someone that I wanted to be with-- along with my will to die an early death, and me not having what I wanted the most.

Life was just shit.

And now, I always wake up to this.

A beautiful woman, always beside me when I wake up. A woman that takes care of me, a woman that supports me, a woman that loves me. 

Tch.

I'm still not happy I was burned to death.

But . . . regardless,

I got what I have always wanted. .

"Hmn? What's wrong, Silvia. Why are you crying?"

Before I realized it, tears had slid down the corner of my cheeks. I didn't understand why my eyes were watering, but I have no qualms about it.

Saeko, who was towering above me, leaned down to her elbows to wipe off the water that was striking on the corner of my face. She had a concerned look, identical to a mother worrying about a child. It made me chuckle a bit.

". . . It's cold, Saeko." I said, feeling a bit emotional.

I opened my arm and took Saeko in a bear hug, making her fall down to my chest. Burying my head against her nape.

"God, you're so childish sometimes. . . "

She smiled warmly as she stroked my hair, lulling me back to sleep.

"Sweet dreams, my little swordsman."

<Revised>