17

~Silvia's POV~

The moment we stepped off that train, I felt like my heart stopped.

It wasn't because the person in front of me was anything captivating. However, I do admit that she has her own charm, but it wasn't something I was particularly attracted to, no. Comparing her to Saeko would be like asking whether I liked apples to oranges, each has their appeal, but I prefer one over the other. 

Saeko was everything I asked for, so it was very unlikely for me to have eyes for anybody else.

At any rate, I was surprised about the presence of Shinonome Chiru, not because she's special, but because I didn't think I would meet her here since she was supposedly from a different mangaka's work.

Something I haven't explain to you yet, was that I wasn't completely aware of where I was reborn in. The first few years of my life, all I thought was that I had a second chance in life, not reincarnated in a book.

Even though I found the extra set of ears on top of people's head sort of a familiar trait, all I had was an inkling of the possibility that I was in a manga. That was when I encountered a clue. A novel author.

From my vague memories, I knew that I had read of a Yuri manga about animal girls set during the Edo period. The main character of that manga was a novel writer that specializes in romance in a somewhat erotic genre. However, I had no idea what the contents of the book were, except for the pen name.

And I have seen Saeko read her books before, so. .

But to be clear, I didn't really have anything big to go by since it could all be a major coincidence, so I simply assumed I was in one,

But seeing Chiru standing before me,

I guess I was wrong, or was the universe simply the same? Or were the authors the same?

I was at a loss. My memories of an obscure Yuri manga were foggy at best, I forgot most of the details. Part of me wished I was in the world of Bloom Into You, but then again, I'd probably still grow up to become an office worker. All I'd be is an extra dramatic high schooler for a few years.

I understand my confusion, but I still feel conflicted by this. Not that I was having an existential crisis, no. It was mostly because my prideful ass refuses to admit I may have been wrong all along!

Arhhh! I can feel my ears twitching! Stop!

In addition to my wounded pride, I can also feel Saeko's deathly stare beside me.

So, shoving my thoughts to the back of my head. I gave Saeko's luggage to the maid, to whom was also a protagonist of that manga.

No, let's think about this later.

*****

We got into this carriage and arrived at a large house. We were guided by Chiru-san inside, acting a bit bashfully. As she showed us the main entrance of the house, I saw a glimpse of a burnt and cut-down sakura tree. A tell tale sign of a landmark and source of drama.

I really am here, huh.

We went inside and were then guided into the drawing room. We sat down on the comfortable tatami floor, I crossed my legs in an attempt to get myself cozy but I was greeted by Saeko glaring at me to perform proper etiquette.

Calm down woman, okay, I will. 

It wasn't long until I saw the person, that I fully confirmed my suspicions.

A woman with long silver hair entered the room, her lustrous silver hair tied in a braid with her bangs covering one of her eyes. Her soft eyes conveyed her gentleness but also revealed a hint of melancholy I didn't think was possible to express with a single expression. It was Shinonome Senri, the apothecary.

I know it doesn't sound too grand to be an old-timey Japan pharmacist, but for her to be married to an influential family like the Kasuga's, especially with their beloved daughter, it is a big deal. Even the manga said so themselves.

So this is why Rei-kaasan had me personally buy the herbs from her. Their medicinal recipes are that good, huh.

I felt an irked grin coming out of my mouth as I thought of that.

Like hell, that old hag just wanted to piss me off.

I could imagine her just making a peace sign with her tongue sticking out, looking at me with a deadpan look.

One day, I'd really like to pummel that woman into the ground.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Senri and I met eyes, she slowly walked over to me and introduce herself before I could even get up to greet her.

"You must be Yuuno Silvia and her wife, Saeko, my name's Shinonome Senri. It is nice to meet you."

"Likewise," I stood up and shook her hand.

Despite my thoughts about this matter, I was still a normal human being who could communicate properly. Once this stupid errand is done I'm taking Saeko on a proper vacation-- no perhaps I have to explain things to her first-- before she decides to murder me with her inquisitive gaze.

<Revised>