10

[Author's Note 2023: All the shit here younger me has written before could have been a good chapter. But nooo-- I apologize for telling and not showing (ノへ ̄、)]

~3rd Point of View~

A few months quickly pass after the couple's wedding and things moved quite hectically regarding the union between the two. Unlike a normal arranged marriage, Silvia and Saeko chose to postpone their honeymoon, considering the two have their own personal matters they must attend to and the fact that Silvia's parents decided to act like rich privileged parents.

After the wedding, and even before Silvia knew she was getting married to her childhood friend, Kana and Rei had prepared a house for the newlywed couple to live in. Complete with all their needs and other necessities.

Going by Silvia's stubborn personality and Saeko's humble nature, it took most of the following weeks after the ceremony to convince the couple to move into the house-- which was left empty and desolate due to Silvia finding out before the surprise.

The astonished scream of "What the fuck!?" still rang in the ears of Rei and Kana as Silvia confiscated the deed. . .

Silvia's reluctance to move mostly coming from refusing to live with another person who she does want to know the ugliest parts of her personality, and Saeko's self-obligation to be there for her remaining family members, her grandparents. 

But after a long and enduring conflict between the newlywed couple and their family members, Silvia and Saeko finally decided to raise the white flag and move into their new abode together as a wife and wife. Together with everyone's help in town, they managed to refurbish the house and move necessary furniture within a month and a half. 

The first few months progressed a bit awkwardly for the new couple, as it seemed Saeko had a great misunderstanding about Silvia's physical health.

She had, without a doubt, thought Silvia was physically weak.

That's a horrible first impression! Silvia was practically screaming at herself.

And despite her efforts trying to convince Saeko she wasn't frail little dog, Saeko had already entered a Gap Moe, switching over to her professional face which Silvia calls "Doctor Mode," and started checking up on her health. 

Therefore she wasn't listening to any of Silvia's protests, much to the other's dismay.

.

.

.

and so, our story continues.

*****

Inside a modest Nursing University, Saeko could be seen sitting down on a lecture table during lunch, talking to a good friend of hers.

"Eh? You got married!?"

"Sorry, I wasn't able to tell you sooner, and the wedding was private so I couldn't really invite you, Haru-chan." Saeko smiled wryly at her friend

Haruki or Haru-chan is one of Saeko's few childhood friends. She and Saeko had both developed an interest in medical studies and ended up in the same school after two years of separation. Haruki had been always been looking out for Saeko whenever they were together at school, most especially considering Saeko was quite the popular girl.

Lots of trouble has brewed from that fact alone.

Ever since the wedding was held, Saeko wasn't able to actually talk to Haru that much as preparations with the house took a while. Thankfully, after reuniting once again, Haruki wasn't as protective as she was before, otherwise the girl would have gone berserk over her missing best friend.

"Eehhh?? But that's so soon, Saeko!"

"Hehe. . It was an arranged marriage so it was already decided." She said bashfully, not knowing what else to say.

There wasn't much to explain on Saeko's part. An arranged marriage presided privacy between families and it was inappropriate to share the details beyond who she was marrying and why without the consent of the other party. 

Hearing her friend's calm response, Haru quickly settled down and sat back in her seat. She was looking over to Saeko with a worried face that a mother could relate to.

Haru-chan, you're such a worrywart.

Saeko helplessly thought.

"At least tell me you didn't marry some fat old guy with absolutely no income to provide." she scowled, to which Saeko only smiled.

"It's quite the opposite actually."

"That you're the fat old man with no income?"

"No, I didn't mean that!"

You should probably note that she has terrible joking skills as well.

"Muu~" Saeko pouted and quickly changed the topic, "Anyway, we should probably get going now Haru-chan, the cafeteria is going to fill up fast."

"Hai~ hai~"

Both girls simultaneously stood up and picked up their lunch, as Haru stepped out of her chair, she noticed a troubled expression on Saeko's face.

"Don't tell me you forgot your lunch? It's going to be a pain lining up in the cafeteria!"

"Mu~ I know, I know." She sighed as she stopped rummaging in her bag, "I guess I have to go home then."

"Isn't that much more of a pain--" 

Before Haruki could finish her sentence, she realized something.

"Oh~ I get it, you want to see your husband." Immediately after registering the words that came out of Haruki's mouth, Saeko's face boiled like a kettle, exploding in a fiery shade of red.

"No, it's not like that!" Saeko exclaimed. "Besides. . . she isn't. . my husband. . she's," as Saeko continued speaking her voice also continued getting smaller and smaller.

"Whaaaat? Did you say something?" Haruki teased, "Hmmmm~~?"

"It's-- It's nothing!" Saeko affirmed flustered.

"But I'm sure you mentioned something about--"

"I told you it's nothing, so let's go!"

"Hey, hey, wait! Don't push me out the door!"

Trying to cover her embarrassment as quickly as possible, Saeko grabbed her bag and pushed Haruki out the door from behind, her eyes closed trying to avoid eye contact. The poor childhood friend was being moved forward without even moving her legs.

Where did this strength come from!?

As she was being pushed, her face suddenly was met with a person's back.

"Ah! Gomen, I wasn't looking where I was going!"

"HAhh?"

"Hi-- hiiik!"

Rather than a kind reply, she was greeted with a sharp gaze by a person with a scar on her left eye.

"Silvia!"

<Revised>