31

Haruki and The Housemaid (Part 2)

"I am, most proudly, what I'd call a weird person. Not just by my attitude but also by my circumstance.

I am a child of a rich family of doctors, my family doted on me whenever they could. I never felt lonely in my life, however, a rich ojou-sama like me decided to move away from my mansion and live in this poor neighborhood.

Ohh~ How tragic!

This graceful young lady had to suffer loneliness, poverty, and most especially, unkindness!

Oh, my word! What shall I do!?"

"Why the heck are you monologing about your meaningless life."

"You're so mean Silvia-chan! It's because you tricked me twice!!"

Walking around the food stalls, I had Silvia-chan treat me to some good street food. While I was merrily eating my fill with the brand new sweets on sale, Silvia-chan tricked me into eating some spicy chocolate!

And when I thought she was going to apologize by giving me some water, she tricked me again by giving me SALTED WATER!!

Without being bothered by my previous complaint, Silvia-chan raised a fist with an accomplished look on her face.

"Success." She mumbled

"I can hear you!"

Crossing my arms, trying to look cute with a pout, I gave Silvia-chan a stink eye as we walked through an alleyway.

"Whatever you're trying to convey, it's not working. Your face looks like it's been horribly deformed." She said with a deadpanned look

I paid no attention to her insults and continued to pout while we walked.

It was a particularly sunny day today, the sun was way up in the sky. Thankfully we were walking in a shadowed place, preventing me from sweating even more.

As I and Silvia-chan continued our childish bickering, I noticed multiple figures seemingly fighting from the distance.

Nudging Silvia-chan, I remained silent and looked at the situation, this looks shady. Pun intended.

"What are they doing?" Silvia-chan asked as she scratched her head with her left hand.

"They look like they're arguing about something--"

Just as I said that, a sudden,

"LET GO OF ME! I DID WHAT I WAS PAID TO DO!!"

A woman's shout immediately alerted us. Me and Silvia-chan reflexively ran over to help, we both ran so fast that it was barely three seconds until we reached the location.

We quickly stood in front of the girl, Silvia-chan's hand clutching the Katana she always carries, and me extending my hand to the side like a barrier.

It was only for an instant, but I saw a glimpse of shock spread throughout Silvia-chan's face.

"How can you run like that. . ?" She murmured

I just smiled and looked over to the flabbergasted men.

"Who are you!?" One of them shouted

"Oji-san isn't it a little pathetic of you to gang up on one girl?" Silvia-chan mocked

Good job Silvia-chan!

"It's none of your business! That lady over there is causing us trouble!"

"--Eh?" I unconsciously blurted out

"That's right! We hired her to clean the bar whenever a customer leaves, but all she does is make more mess!"

I'm starting to think that rushing here wasn't a great idea.

The old man's face was turned red by the minute, and the two younger guys behind him were trying to calm him down.

As if finally losing all patience, he screamed "You're fired!!" and left.

"That was. . anticlimactic."

"I agree with you on this one Silvia-chan. "

". . It's not chan."

Turning around to look at the girl behind us, she had this deadpan look and stared us dead in the eye and said emotionlessly,

"Can I go now?"