3

What happened quickly after was a hectic mess of worry and even more worry. 

After Sae-chan managed to reach home and get some help, the adults were able to immediately locate me and provided the adequate first aid I needed which stopped the bleeding. I was then hurried to the closest medical facility. Thanks to the swift response of the people who helped us, I was able to recover fairly quickly and avoid the shock that would have come with getting inflicted by such an injury.

For the most part, my parents were simply worried sick, thinking that I lost an eye, they hoped for the best and prepared for the worse. It was an incident that caused a lot of panic and probably trauma-- but hopefully not.

Thankfully the negotiations between my family and Sae turned out fine in the end. No blame was put on the other party but chalked up to be children's carelessness and the responsibility of all the adults.

After a few months of my life living with an eyepatch, my sight recovered, and years quickly passed. Everything returned to normal, however,

I haven't met Sae-chan ever since.

*****

"HGAAAA--!!"

"Faster!"

"I ain't losin' today kaasan!"

"That's it! Now, strike!"

"HHAH!"

Ping!

Early in the morning, sounds of metal clashing against metal rang out in the courtyard of our mansion. Around eight years has passed since then, and nothing major has occurred since then. 

Of course, as the years progress, I, myself grew and held responsibilities on the household, but laziness has more of a hold to me than common familial obligations. Heh- as if I'm not taking advantage of my rich parents, I'm going to be as lazy and irresponsible as long as I can!

Anyway, I stood on the ground of the courtyard, exhausted from all the exercise I have done. 

"Hn, well done. You can control your sword much better now Silvia."

"Hm! Thanks, Rei-kaasan!"

Every morning I am forced to practice my swordsmanship with my mother, Rei. Considering I am very lazy and need the exercise once in a while and also liked how cool it is to be able to use the sword, I participated, although still somewhat reluctant.

Rei-kaasan was formerly part of a clan of swordsmen but was then married off to Kana-kaasan family. I don't quite understand how her family worked or the background that surrounded it, but we don't seem to be getting along with that part of the family.

All I heard was that it was equivalent to getting kicked out.

Talk about family circumstances, maybe I'll be involved in one too! Like mother like daughter afterall!

"Right, lets take a break."

Wiping our sweat off, Rei-kaasan and I found ourselves back at the porch, sitting down to cool down our bodies from all the sweat we produced from moving around. As we did, we could hear quiet footsteps approach us slowly from behind. Peach blonde hair danced behind her back and hanging onto high quality fabric that the woman elegantly wore to a T.