1

Author's Note - 2023: The plot is set with ridiculous plots and unrealistic personal characteristics, common sense doesn't exist apparently, so I don't plan on entirely removing them as I see them as a charm point and something to look back to. Therefore, I'll only be modifying them to a more bearable state.

*****

So, here I am standing on the mansion's porch.

I was enjoying the breath of fresh air I didn't have back on the original earth.

This world I woke up in seems to still be in the days of old-timey Japan. People are wearing yukatas and kimonos all day long. The humans here aren't exactly humans, since they have ears coming from on top of their heads. There seem to be only two races here in this region.

The Cat-kin and the Dog-kin.

Both are overwhelmingly cute, as one would expect with individuals born with cute animal ears on the top of their heads. I was born as a hybrid between a cat and a dog, so I'm kinda both. That also means I'm the only of my kind. 

Hybrid, ya'll. Its science. No, I suck at science. 

I do admit that I'm not really good at biology and all that stuff, especially when we have to consider all the animal characteristic that has to be mixed in--- but, there's just no damn way a hybrid is logically possible!! 

Every time I look at the mirror and look at myself, I sort of go into a minor existential crisis. Thoughts such as, "What am I?" "How is this possible?" "Am I going to get kidnapped for research," would occasionally pop up into my mind. 

This is probably why I was abandoned in the orphanage. No normal human being would be able to accept the fact that their kid wasn't born normal as they expected their child to be. 

Or maybe, is it just my shitty parents? 

"Could it be. . That this face--!" I brushed my imaginary beard in shock of my realization, "This face, is one not even a mother could love!"

". . ."

". . ."

The silence of a lack of audience kills my already pathetic sense of humor. .

Either way, abandoned or not, I'm currently living in a lavish Japanese styled mansion. Raised by a rich gay couple who have me as their only child and possible heir to whatever large business they most likely have. Life just gotten better after being left at the orphanage.

Hmm~ the air is so fresh. I can just fall asleep~°

I was starting to doze off on the excellent mansion porch I chose to sunbath in, I heard this manly voice from behind. Though I say manly, it was clear it was from a woman.

"Silvia, I told you not to fall asleep on the porch. It's been a hundredth time I've told you that!"

"Ah, gomen Rei-kaasan, It was just the sun was too warm~"

"You really act like Kana, sometimes, I don't even know how to deal with you guys." My mother said, pinching the bridge of her nose, exasperated.

Rei-kaasan is a Dog-kin, one of my mothers who decided to adopt me into their household. Her other half, a Cat-kin, is Kana-kaasan. Compared to Rei-kaasan, she's more of the gentle type, and has overall control in the house.

It was miraculous how a Cat and Dog-kin couple decided to go adopt a child and miraculously found a child like me. What were the chances of that!

I was obnoxiously told again and again how they first had a typical lovers quarrel before deciding on whether they actually wanted kids or not, but then ended in a heartwarming moment when Rei-kaasan hugged Kana-kaasan from behind and kissed her.

Isn't that a beautiful romance?

It is, but I was told that a hundred times. You could guess how sick of it I was.

"What does it matter, Kana-kaasan is kana-kaasan"

"Should a ten-year-old be saying that and what does that even mean?"

"Funya~°" (Enjoying the sun's rays)

As I was once again slowly falling asleep from the sun's warm rays, Rei-kaasan opened her mouth one more time and said something that snapped me awake.

"Sil, Sae-chan will be visiting again later this afternoon."

"Eh!? Really? Can I play with her again?"

"Hm, if she wants to.."

"Yatta~! "

I stood up and cheered happily.

In this neighborhood, there aren't many kids, that's why my mentality childish self was a bit lonely. Other than Rei-kaasan swords practice, I practically had nothing to do than sleep or run around crazily.

Sae-chan's parents are business partners of Rei and Kana-kaasan's, that's why they come here often.

But recently, their visits have been getting more and more rare. Is their business going under or something?

A few ours quickly pass and I was met with my best friend.

"Sil-chan~!"

"Sae-chan~!"

Immediately after entering the drawing room, I was greeted by a child that looked no older than me.

It was Saeko or Sae-chan for short. She was only a year younger than me.

"Ne! Ne! Let's play Sil-chan!"

"Hn! Can we kaasan?" I said as I turned to Kana-kaasan who was smiling sweetly at us while talking to the other adults in the room. 

"Yes, just don't go too far now."

""Hai! ""

We said in unison as we ran out of the room.

Why does it feel like something definitely got foreshadowed?

<Revised>