54

"Hey, Silvia-san, you single?" Ai asked cheerily. Her arm snaked around my neck in an overly friendly manner. Her short haircut and semi-tanned skin gave off a very outdoorsy and extroverted look, judging by the air, this girl is the type to cross personal spaces!

'I really don't feel like answering her. I just got out from a massage and a peaceful sleep, I don't really find the energy to deal with her kind.' I sighed silently.

Discreetly turning my head, I looked for a sign of Saeko. Thinking maybe I could get her to remove this Ai on my back. 

Just a few meters from me, I saw her chatting with two of the girls. All three of them cutely giggling (mostly Saeko) as they inspected the lotion on Saeko's skin. She seemed to be having fun and I couldn't bring myself to call her out. 'Dang, why do I attract pests like Haruki. . 'I thought to myself.

Accepting my fate, I slipped off the arm around me and softly answered, "No, I'm not."

"OHhhHHH!~~" I don't like the sound of that expression, "You dating Saeko-san, I see! Tell me more! How did you meet!" I knew she was going to ask for more details, pesky kids!

Slightly irritated with her interest in my personal life, I scooted away from her and sipped the juice on my hand. 

"Listen here Ai-san, I barely know you. I don't think I want you to know any of my personal information." I commented, seriously looking her in the eye. But like a Haruki, she just shrugged it off. "Then, my name is Ai, you're Silvia. Now you know me!" 

". . ." I was at a loss for words with this b*llshit.

"Eh, why is your face like that? Did you eat something sour, Silvia-san?"

My face contorted like I just ate something disgusting. No, I don't want to deal with this, I already have a Haruki at home, I don't want another one. I'm out-

As I was about to run away from Ai, the Oika girl got in between the two of us and started apologizing profusely while also trying her hardest to lower Ai's head to bow. She was struggling. It looked sad.

"I am so sorry about her! Ai-chan doesn't have any common sense! I am so sorry!"

"Ah, no it's fine," I said grabbing her shoulder to stop her from bowing anymore.

The poor girl looked like that one introverted friend that got dragged everywhere just because she couldn't refuse and now she has to deal with her friend's weird shenanigans.

"I apologize about Ai-chan, she just really loves to talk to strangers."

"I- I can tell. . ."

"In fact, she talks too much that she got mistaken for a married man's mistress. The wife was angry, the man was on his knees, and we were confused so we just ran for it."

"Oh- what?"

"There was even that time when she hanged out with this random guy who liked her too much and started spilling all the details about a drug deal and the location of the den. We ended up getting involved with the police and them asking to recruit Ai-chan. Now she has a scholarship at the police academy." 

"I felt like I just heard your entire life problems in that one story. . ."

'Why am I constantly surrounded by weirdos. . ' Such thoughts ran through my mind as I tried to calm down Oika who was apologizing over and over again. As I continued to exhaustedly interact with the pair, I didn't notice the gaze I was receiving from Saeko.

"I can't seem to get a break. ." Oika muttered tiredly, Ai silently sweatdropping in the back.

"I can relate," I nodded back.

I think she and I can get along.

"Seeing as you everyone gets along, Saeko-san why don't you join us!" Approaching our group, Narumi and Hana turned over to Saeko. 

Thinking about it for a second, Saeko glanced at me for a moment before smiling cutely. For some reason, her look seemed somewhat off.

"Hmm, I think we'll have to decline."

"Eh?" I let out a surprised voice. 

"Oh, I see." Narumi nodded understandably, "I guess we'll see each other later then!"

"Bye-bye!" 

"See you. ."

"Let's go grab some food!"

With a lively wave from Ai and polite greetings from the others, I and Saeko were left alone.

As the group of girls headed out for some food, I was left standing in confusion.

"Did you think I was going to accept?" Saeko chuckled.

"Well, yeah," I answered stupidly. "You seem to enjoy talking to them, so I thought it wasn't a far-fetched idea to spend some time with those girls."

"I guess you do have a point, but," taking a step closer to me, Saeko grabbed the loose hair beside my face and gently placed it behind my ear. "I'd rather have you all for myself."

"And I think the same goes for you." She smiled, her eyes looking brighter with a hint of blush appearing on her face. She looked cool but also very cute. Seeing that look made my heart feel like it ran a marathon.

'Gaaaaaahhhhhh--!!!

I could feel my face heating up, but I clench my teeth and swallowed the embarrassment. I closed my eyes and opened my arms to hug Saeko, I could only whisper. .

"ᵢ ₗₒᵥₑ ᵧₒᵤ. . ."

She laughed in delight.