24

Last week hasn't really been that good and I didn't want to influence this book with my irritation, so it took quite a while to write this.

Also, as I was planning to write a thank you, 20k readers, thing, I suddenly realize it fucking 25k now. Fucking thank you, you shits! How fast was that!?

~Silvia's POV~

Right after that thing left our house in a semi-cheerful and sobbing manner, Saeko left the house to buy some groceries. It seems like we ran out after that thing chowed down the food as if she was a starving lion.

So I'm left here all by myself with nothing to do.

Well, supposed to.

Right now, I'm sweeping around the house. Quite a few leaves have fallen since we left and because Saeko does all the housework, I might as well clean this and lessen her burden.

It was a breezy day, the sun was out but it wasn't burning hot. It was warm and cool at the same time.

Quite a few people were walking around, doing chores, carrying papers, and doing other manual labor.

Looking at them makes me feel a bit pathetic. . . I stay in one place too much and I haven't been training lately. Yabe, if Rei-kaasan comes here I'm going to become an endangered species!

I quickly swept the leaves by the gate, hoping to get some training time before Saeko arrives home.

Swish

Swish

Swish

I was about to finish when a voice suddenly resounded.

"Excuse me, is this the house of Yuuno Saeko?"

It was a mailman carrying more than a handful of letters. He knocked on the wooden gate and poked his head out to see if anyone was there.

I quickly piled all the leaves into one spot and approached the guy.

"Yes. She's currently out right now, so I'll be the one receiving those."

"Ah, hai " he then took out a small notebook and pen and asked "For safety and standards of our services, I need to ask about your relationship with Yuuno Saeko. It's our usual practices"

I was quite surprised they had this in this era, never expected letter safety was a thing back then.

"Right, I'm her wife," I said with a small grin appearing on the side of my mouth.

Damn, this is making me all giddy and warm inside it's --uhh so hard to explain.

Anyway, the mailman then asked for my name and quickly wrote it all down in his notebook, he placed it in his bag and gave me the bundles of letters, and rushed off to another house.

Looking at these letters, I couldn't help but wonder how the fuck we have so many! We've only been out for 2 or 3 days, this looks like a month worth of notes.

Now that I notice it, most of the designs were either pink, contained hearts, and or cherry blossom patterns.

What are these? Love letters? It looks like they all came from one person. . .

As such thoughts ran through my mind, I heard a shout of urgency as a man suddenly slammed the other gate door open.

"Saeko-san! Are you here!? I've come to rescue you from the hideous old man!!"

Who the hell do you think you are?