19

~Silvia's POV~

After our brief talk regarding the medicine kaasan wanted, everyone gathered around the dining room to eat. The black cat girl, whom I heard was called Kayo, prepared all the meals with the help of my wife. It seems Chiru couldn't cook, which was in line with the fact she was a sheltered girl.

As we gathered around to sit, everyone held their hands together in prayer.

"""Itadakimasu~! """

And started eating.

"Hm, this is good," I said as I ate.

"Silvia, manners."

I only said it was good! My mouth wasn't even full. I thought, I left my left eye twitch as I held the bowl of rice to my mouth. I could tell Saeko knew what I was thinking about even without looking at me.

Is she purposely trying to shut me up?

Senri chuckled wryly, seeing that I immediately shut my mouth.

Dinner continued smoothly without anyone else saying anything, the cling and clank of bowl and chopsticks enveloped the room as well as the  sound of skin gliding against the fabric of our clothes. 

I was starting to feel awkward due to the silence. I could tell just by looking around, Chiru seems to want to talk to Saeko but Saeko seemed determined to keep her mouth shut and her eyes on the food for the first half of the dinner.

Senri was more socially awkward then me and didn't know what to add, and I had the sinking feeling of Saeko planning something.

". . ."

". . ."

". . ."

Silence continued until it was broken by a deadpan tone.

"You know eating with this awkward atmosphere isn't really the most appetizing."

"You really do speak your mind--"

"Silvia."

"No it's fine Saeko-sama," Kayo interrupted "Silvia-san was only speaking out her mind," she said while emphasizing the honorifics.

She's purposely calling me-- Oi!!! Her words irked me.

When I was reading the manga, I saw Kayo as one of my favorite characters, she was blunt and unapologetic most of the time. Her personality contrasted that of Chiru, her master, and I absolutely adored that about her. What she said wasn't offensive by any means, she's just sassy, and its annoying.

Why the hell are you a maid, with that attitude, you could be a manager Karens could irritat--

"Silvia."

"I didn't say anything!" But I was thinking something. 

Honestly, I'm never going to win this thing. Scary mind-reading wife.

"Silvia."

"I am not even moving!"

*****