37

Silvia's POV

After discussing the details with Haruki, I quickly excused myself from their humble abode. The 'raid' is going to happen in about two days, just in time for the graduation.

I thought about how I shouldn't drag Haruki to the raid, since she too will be graduating, but who cares am I right?

No, even I'm not that heartless, that woman agreed to join herself.

Besides, I suspect that Mahiru-san will scold me or press me for compensation money if something were to happen. That woman loves money. . and most likely Haruki now as well.

---Wait no! The way I put it sounds horrible.

Anyway, after visiting Haruki, my next stop is a bookstore. 

But, books weren't my goal.

Casually entering a small bookstore, I browsed and opened some books lying around the shelves --not to look cool, but I thought I saw a yuri book.

Seeing as the story wasn't what I hoped it was, I disappointedly put the book down. With a sigh, I approached the salesperson and handed him a note.

"The manuscript of Yamago, please."

"Coming!"

With a business smile, the salesperson silently went to the back room to grab the 'book' I was looking for. This was one of the hidden bases for the organization I and my family had connections to, coincidentally the small-time 'gang' Yamago Keiko hired had debts to pay to them.

Hiding it in a bookstore was ingenious of them, it was like hiding a needle in a haystack. Even if someone saw an exchange like this, they would simply think it was about books and manuscripts.

It didn't take long for the salesperson to come back with the extra information I asked for.

"Here you go, it's been paid."

"Eh?" What do they mean it's been paid? Don't tell me. 

"D -did the boss pay for this. . ?"

"Yeah, they said also said take care."

AHhh Kana-kaasan wants to get involved. I just know it!

Among the members and other customers, Kana-kaasan was known as the boss. She was one of the most cunning and most profitable customers they had, she also controlled a lot of people there is it was practically like she owned part of the organization.

Thankfully nobody knows who the boss is except us, otherwise, our family would be in constant danger.

"I don't know whether I should be relieved or scared. I hope kaasan won't do anything sadis-- drastic."

Putting those worrying thoughts on the back of my head, I proceeded to head back home.

It was still 2 PM, so I have time to spend on nothing.

It took only a few minutes of walking to arrive home.

Sliding the door open, I breathe out a sigh. God, it was hot, though not as hot as my previous life, but still hot.

I quickly kicked off my sandals and entered with a huff.

"I'm home~"

"Welcome back~"

Saeko responded from the living room. She quickly walked towards me and helped me take off my haori. She looked like she wasn't doing anything in particular, so I opened my arms wide and captured her in a bear hug.

"What's wrong, dear?" She asked with a chuckle

"Hnn~ Saeko, it's hot."

"Then why are you hugging me?"

"Because I like you"

"Good enough," She giggled as she hugged me back.

I could feel her cat ears brushing against my neck. I felt the sudden urge to bite her, but I knew I'd suffer consequences, so I just hugged her tighter.

It took a few minutes before we felt like letting go, Saeko smelled nice, comfortable, and was warm. I guess she felt the same since she had a contented smile on her face.

"What were you doing while I was out?" I asked as we walked to the living room

Saeko sat down, facing the open book she had on the table. "I was looking into vacation houses," she said, "the hot springs back at Senri-san's area were nice, I wanted to go to one again."

"Oh~ I see. Where do you want to go after graduation?" I asked sitting behind her, making Saeko lean on me.

"Anything that isn't too expensive, I don't think it's wise to waste too much money." She said semi-seriously, focusing on her book.

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her statement. Not to brag but, did she forget who she married? Or did she mean I waste too much money?

"Nee~ so anywhere good is fine?"

"Mm~" Saeko nodded

Seeing as how distracted she was, I kinda didn't wanna mention it, but her not knowing would be troublesome itself.

Scratching the back of my head, I said "Saeko, we could go use one of the vacations houses my-- I mean our family owns."

"Mm~" She nodded in a daze.

It didn't take long for the information to sink in, Saeko swiftly turned around with sparkling eyes, almost brushing our lips together.

"You, you have vacation houses!?"

Was that a moe gap or breaking character, because it's adorable either way.

Her eyes sparkled as she excitedly started to plan our trip together.

As I was watching Saeko happily reading her book again, I started to wonder,

Does she even know about the Yuunos? Wait, she never even met Kana-kaasan!