32

Haruki and The Housemaid (Final Part)

RECAP

The old man's face was turned red by the minute, and the two younger guys behind him were trying to calm him down.

As if finally losing all patience, he screamed "You're fired!!" and left.

"That was. . anticlimactic."

"I agree with you on this one Silvia-chan. "

". . It's not chan."

Turning around to look at the girl behind us, she had this deadpan look and stared us dead in the eye and said emotionlessly,

"Can I go now?"

________________

Silvia's POV

This girl is quite peculiar. . 

When we first got here to 'save' her, her eyes didn't even look the slightest bit distressed. Instead, she looked so calm, as if she was expecting someone to come and help her. She looked at us somewhat emotionlessly but with a tiny --and I mean the smallest-- hint of gratitude

Hearing her words, Haruki gave the Dog-kin girl a strange look.

"Ehh-to. . are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." She replied with a monotone voice

'A kuudere! ' I instantly thought

--I mean. Don't you just love those kuuderes!? Those cold eyes, when they look at you, you just can't help but shiver! If Saeko looked at me like that. . . God, something might just awaken inside me.

Anyways, shaking my strange thoughts away, my eyes landed on Haruki. She was in a stand-still looking at the kuudere woman with sparkly eyes that irked me off. When I was about to snap her out of her trance, she suddenly screamed,

"WILL YOU BE MY MAID?!" 

"Oi! You can't suddenly ask someone that!"

I immediately smacked her in the head for the sudden profession. I know I might not be the best person with conversations, but I know the limits of being oblivious!

Swinging my arm over her neck, I whispered to her in the most polite way.

"HAAARUUUKIII!!"

"It's fine Silvia-chan! I like her!"

"No! That's seriously not the point here!"

I question this woman's thought process!

As I was trying my best to be at least a normal person, a voice suddenly rang from behind us.

"Sure."

We turned to look at the Kuudere woman.

'Is she dumb?'

"You said that aloud." She rebutted

Without losing another moment, Haruki grabbed a hold of the Kuudere woman's hand with kira-kira (sparkly or shiny) eyes and started discussing 'Wage per hour' 'Job description' etc.

"You just need to clean and take care of my house, you can do anything but steal!"

"Hai, so when will my pay~~"

"~~ Every week or so~~"

I didn't even bother listening further to their conversation. 

I scratched my head with my good arm and leaned onto the nearby wall. 

Thinking about it. . . those two looked oddly well together. A cool and collected character paired up with a happy-go-lucky character.

Just looking at them made me smile unconsciously.

'These two .  . . they might just end up together.'

I might dislike Haruki for being so goddamn annoying, but when it comes to girl's love. . .

"Hehehe, this world is absolutely beautiful."

.

.

While I was fantasizing on my own away from Haruki and Kuudere-san, I suddenly felt a hostile gaze look my way. Out of reflex, I swiftly drew my sword and went to the source of the issue.

 When I turned the corner, there was no one there.

". . What was that . ?"

It was the same feeling Kana-kaasan gives me when I piss her off, but this time it felt dangerous.

'It's most likely that guy again.'