52

Soon, after a few days of deliberation between both my parents and Saeko's decisions, we decided to hold a stay-cation in a public beach resort.

I personally wanted to hold it privately in an area that our family-owned, but the idea of me taking care of a child that didn't particularly like me whilst giving Saeko time to relax and enjoy wasn't the best option. Let us also not forget about the fact that being alone, though together, most of the time was a bit sad.

There's that aspect of enjoying a vacation when you get to see other people having the time of their own lives. 

Having a resort all to ourselves felt wrong so we all agreed to go together.

"Uhhh~ Sil-chan it's so hot."

"Mama! I see the sea! Look! look!"

". . Yes, yes. It's the big salty sea."

". . ."

By together, I meant the entire family.

Now, I wasn't just about to leave my sister with a person like me, no, I care too much about that child to leave her on my hands. 

"Kaasan, why don't you go head to your rooms. I already had someone take care of the luggage," I said pointing to the houses across the pathway. "I prepared some sweet's there too."

Almost instantly, Kotone's ears perked up and let go of Rei-kaasan's hand.

She cutely ran up to my leg and hugged me briefly, "Thank you, Saeko-oneechan!" She cheered as she runs off in the direction I was pointing to, leading Rei-kaasan to catch after her. I'm happy, but please say the correct name next time. . .

Looking over her wife's frantic figure, Kana-kaasan tried to sneakily glimpse at me. Quietly covering her mouth with her sleeve in a sad motion. As if I wouldn't notice that!

"Fuu~ My Sil-chan has grown up. I wish time would slow down," She shook her head in sadness, "my child now has a wife and a good head on her shoulders. Oh, how I dream-"

"--Kaasan, you're not staying with me and Sae," I said, making Saeko chuckle.

"Tsk." Clicking her tongue, in a surprisingly ladylike manner, she ran after Rei-kaasan.

I sometimes never understand why she's my mother or how she kept the family business up and running with that personality of hers. It's such a pain dealing with her like that as an adult that I sometimes look at her as an annoying neighborhood kid.

She's family and I love her, but still.

Perhaps noticing the irritated look on my face, Saeko held my hand and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thanks for the hard work," She whispered.

My eyes widened for a brief moment before calming down. Small actions like these are just precious, it fills my soul with warmth, completely erasing those annoying thoughts.

With a gentle smile on my face, I held Saeko's hand and led her to our own suite. She was slightly giggling at my reaction and tightened her grip on me as we walked. Kana-kaasan is right, I wish moments like this that time would slow down.

*     *     *

Since we arrived at the resort somewhat late in the morning or early afternoon, I thought that perhaps we could enjoy the beach when the sun's heat had settled down for a bit.

With an extra hour or two before lunch, I decided that it was about the perfect time to get a massage.

We could rest and relax after, while eating our lunch and have half an hour or so more until we can swim on the beach, perfectly timed when the sun's peak heat had passed.

I had most of Saeko's activities planned out with extra free time for her own leisure and enjoyment. While I left most of my parent's plan's cleared since a child-like Kotone would often be unpredictable when it comes to what they want. So that meant we had our own time to ourselves.

Changing our robes in our room, an employee greeted us outside, leading us to a pre-arranged room for the massage.

Entering the candle-lit room, we saw two single beds separated by a decorative bamboo divider.

"Oh, the room smells amazing," Saeko commented to which one of the masseuses excitedly explained.

"Ah yes! The candles we set up are scented with Lavender and a hint of lemon for optimal relaxation!" The girl said with sparkling eyes. She clearly loves her job.

I could see her co-worker sigh wryly at the girl's over-enthusiasm. She closed her eyes for a second then guided us to our respective beds.

"Well then, please loosen your robes and lay on your stomach." She instructed the both of us, "from there, we will start with your backs and work our way down."

"Un."

"'Right then."

Saeko and I nodded and soon we enjoyed our relaxing massages, with me occasionally being distracted by her moa--sounds.