8

~Silvia's POV~

"Ah . . My head hurts."

"Oh, you're awake. Here, drink this"

"Hm? Yeah. Thanks . ."

Groggy and an feeling empty pit on my stomach, I rose up from my bed-- or not. When I came to it, I realized I wasn't at home and buried deep in my comfortable comforter, instead I was lying on a soft futon inside an unfamiliar room.

Immediately after waking myself up, I saw Saeko sitting right next to me. She quickly handed me a sake cup filled with a soup of herbal mixtures and gestured me drink it.

No. . . I don't think I'm sick.

I'm just very hungry. I haven't eaten anything since arriving here and that was quite literally a day ago, last night to be specific. So I'm just mentally and stomachly exhausted, I don't want to drink this!

In spite of my internal disgust, I was still sipping on the bitter medicine on bed, albeit reluctantly. From the corner of my eye, I could see Saeko calmly organizing the tableware, silence enveloped the entire room and all I could hear was the gentle rustling of clothing.

Each move she makes, each clank of the teacup she arranges, I could hear it all. Together with the chirps of birds and the wind blowing on the trees, the surrounding sounds created a calming melody. I notice how white her skin looked, unblemished, pale, yet healthy. It was a comfortable silence, I didn't feel an encroaching force to speak and start a conversation despite not even knowing much of each other anymore. Its a weird feeling.

We were apart for so long, but it still feels like we've been together all those years. . 

"Yuuno-san is just outside if you're wondering," snapping me out of my peaceful trance, Saeko spoke calmly, but distant and polite like speaking to a stranger.

This realization completely destroyed what little closeness I felt from being together with her in one room, Its really empty,

hearing that cordial voice of hers.

As if she's caring for a stranger.

Before I could even open my mouth to say something, there was heavy footsteps and the door suddenly created a rattling noise, startling my drowsy self.

The sliding door swiftly slammed open--

*BAM!*

*DON!*

--and box hit me square in the face.

"Eat."

I recognize that shitty voice.

"Even if your my mother, that doesn't mean you hitting your own daughter." I scowled, annoyed at her attitude.

Rei-kaasan immediately sneered back

"Being 18 doesn't actually mean you have actually grown up now, is it? Can't even feed your own mouth."

"That's really the first thing you say to me you shitty old hag?"

"Watch that mouth of yours, you useless brat!"

"Who'd you think I got this from? You brooder!"

""HAhhhhh??""