CHAPTER 4 - Alone in the garden

You return to the party where your father is waiting for you.

Elrond: There you are. I thought maybe you had ran of with prince Thorin.

You: You worrie to much father. Thorin is a very good friend of mine, nothing more. Besides... you dont expect me to choose a husband after one dance do you.

Elrond: Of course not my dear. But I hope you choose someone soon. I cant tell you how many suitors have come up to me tonight, asking for your hand in marriage. I cant take it much longer.

You: And what did you tell these suitors?

Elrond: I told them that I had no say in who your marry. And that you have my blessing as long as he makes you happy.

You: That is why you are the worlds best father.

You kiss your father on the cheek and you both laugh. The rest of the evening you spend some time talking to old friends and familymembers. You also have a few drinks, so after a while you go outside to the garden to get some fresh air and to look at the nightsky. The garden is so quiet and peacefull. You can bearly hear the music coming from inside, but you hear it just enough so that you start to hum the tune. You feel light as a feather as walk along the path of the garden, looking up at the stars, while humming to the music. Suddenly you hear someone approaching so you turn around to see who it is. Just then, when you thought the night could not get any more wonderfull, you look upon a familiar face.

Thranduil: I hope I am not interrupting?

You: Thranduil!?

You throw yourself around Thranduils neck and he lifts you off the ground spinning around and laughing. He puts you back on the ground and smiles at you, as he is tucking you hair behind one of your ears.

Thranduil: There is my Odette! Can you belive it has been 10 years? I hardly recognized you coming down those stairs. How have you been?

You: I have been great, but I have missed my best friend. Thank you for all of your letters. They ment the world to me while I was away.

Thranduil: I could not let you forget me while you were gone.

You: I could never forget you Thranduil. But why did you not come to see me earlier? I almost thought you were not here.

Thranduil: You seemed a little busy dancing, and I did not want to entrude. Besides I have no more right for your time than any other man.

You blush and look around the garden.

You: Well im not busy now...

Thranduil smiles and offers you his hand. When you dance alone in the garden with Thranduil you feel different. Not like when you have been dancing earlier tonight. Maybe it is just because he is an amazing dancer and you feel safe in his strong arms? All you know is that you feel free dancing with him. Not a million eyes staring at your every move, but just two. Two icy blue eyes, and that is all you want right now.