CHAPTER 42 - Friendly giant

The next day Thranduil had arranged for you to begin your training with Haldir. You get changed and put on brown leather tights, a white loose shirt, and a brown leather corset. You feel surprisingly comfortable in your outfits. The dresses you are used to wearing are often very restricting, and sometimes a bit revealing. But something about this outfit makes you feel very confident and powerfull. As you stand there, adjusting you clothes is the mirror, Thranduil comes in to get you. He leans agains the bedroom doorframe and look you up and down while he smirks.

Thranduil: My queen. You look so... different.

You: I feel different.

Thranduil comes over to the mirror and hugs you from behind.

Thranduil: Im looking forward to get reacqainted with you later tonight my queen.

He turns you around and kisses you passionatly, while his hands starts to roam your curves. You let yourself get lost in his embrace for just a moment, but then you pull away from his kiss and smile up at him.

You: Stop that. If you keep doing that I wont get anything done today. Come on, Haldir is probably waiting for me already.

Thranduil lets out a small growl in frustration. But you just smile, grab his arm and pull him with you out of your room. You make your way to the castle training ground, where Haldir is waiting.

Thranduil: Here she is captain. Take good care of her.

Haldir: Yes my king!

Thranduil: And you be carefull my love.

Thranduil gives you a kiss on the cheek before he leaves. You turn to Haldir and smile nervously.

You: Sooo... what are we doing today.

Haldir: Well, the king said you wanted to learn how to defend yourself. So, follow me your highness.

You follow Haldir to the middle of the training arena and he turns to you.

Haldir: Now... hit me!

You: What!?

Haldir: Well if your going to learn how to defend yourself, you must forget about beeing a lady and a queen. You have been though how to walk, talk and act with grace, but now we need to get back that little girl who I remember from when we were young. And she knew how to put up a fight. So... hit me.

You take a deep breath, prepearing yourself. You adjust your feet and put up your fists. You and Haldir start to circle eachother, trying to predict the next move. Then you take a step forward and try not hit him. But he simply takes a step to the side, and you fall forwards. He grabs your wrist and pulls you back to him just as you are about to hit the ground. You are leaning your head against his chest. Then you look up at the friendly giant smiling down at you.

You: Again!

Haldir chuckles as you take a step back and put your fists back up.

Haldir: Ok. Just... try and stay on your feet this time your highness.

You spend the next few weeks training, and having a great time with Haldir. He is a really good teacher, and you feel like you are already getting the hang of some of the moves he has thought you. You feel great, and Thranduil seemes to enjoy this new side of you aswell. All this training has boosted your endurance, your strength and your confidence. And those are all good traits you use to please your king.