CHAPTER 12 - Feelings

You stand on the balcony overlooking the city. Its nighttime and the cool air feels so good after dancing. Then you turn to Thranduil and he starts laughing.

Thranduil: haha... oh... I have not danced like that in years.

You start to giggle.

You: I dont think I have danced like that ever.

Thranduil turns to you and takes your hands. He comes close and look deep into your eyes.

Thranduil: Odette... you know... you know that you are very special to me right.

You: I.... I think so.

You almost whisper your words. You are not really sure what he means by special. Like a close friend, a dancepartner...? It hurts you to your core not to know. You so desperately want to lean forward to kiss him to show how you feel, but you are so afraid he will reject you. What if he loves you, the way that you love Thorin? Like a sibling. Someone you could not imagine your life without, but not in a romantical way. You look down because you dont want him to see the emotion in your eyes. But he puts his hand under you chin and brings your face right back up again to meet his eyes. Then the balcony door open, and Vincent comes out to see you. Thranduil takes a step back and you both look at Vincent.

Vincent: Oh there you are my love. I've been looking all over for you. I'll take that dance now.

Victor offers you his hand and completly ignores Thranduil.

Thranduil: Im sorry my lord. But the princess and I are a little busy at the moment.

Vincent: I dont think I was asking you lord Thranduil. So stay out of it!

You: I am sorry Vincent, but Thranduil and I were actually in the middle of something. Maybe later.

Vincent: My dear... I dont think you heard me.

Vincent starte walking slowly towards you, but Thranduil steps in front of you.

Thranduil: She said no my lord.

Victor stops right infront of Thranduil and gives him a fake smile.

Vincent: Do you know who you are speaking to my lord? I am KING of Gondor! And you will step away from my bride.

Thranduil is silent for a moment. Then he turns around and looks at you.

Thranduil: His bride?

Vincent: Yes my bride. Now will you leave us alo.....

You move past Thranduil and stand right in front of Vincent, cutting him off before he can finish his sentence. You are done with these games, and you will not let Vincent claim you in front of Thranduil.

You: I am not your bride Vincent! And I never will be! Now you leave us alone or I swear to god I will lose it with you!

You are very determined, but still try to keep your cool and remain sivile.

Vincent is clearly angry, but he knows that he can not touch you while Thranduil is there. So he takes a deep breath and takes a bow.

Vincent: Well I can see that I have caught you at a bad time my love. We will just have to savne that dance to another time. Enjoy your evening.

Vincent walks away in anger, but tries to act as if he is fine. You think to yourself that you have just caused hell, but at the same time you are just relived that he is gone. Thranduil places a hand on your shoulder.

Thranduil: Are you alright my dear?

You turn around and look up at Thranduil.

You: I am so sorry about that Thranduil. He seems to think that he owns me. And he does not understand the meaning of the word no. He is a nightmare to be around.

Thranduil: Then I will just have to make sure to keep him away from you.

You: Thank you. I could never marry someone like that. Someone who just throws themselves at you, with no regards to what you might want.

Thranduil: I understand. Now come. I will escort you back inside, and we can find your father. Its late and I am sure he is looking for you.

Thranduil takes his arm around you and you start to walk inside. You quickly find you father who is ready to leave. Thranduil tells your father about the banquet at Mirkwood in the fall, and you beg your father to say yes. He agrees, hoping it is just one more oppertunity for you to find a husband. Thranduil kisses your hand farwell, and you get in the carriage to ride back home to Rivendell. You can already picture the beauty of the leaves in Mirkwood forest. And fall can not come soon enough.