CHAPTER 35 - Welcome home

Its summer and the last few of days Thranduil has been away from Mirkwood. There are rumour of something dark awakening in Mordor, and Thranduil has been attending a lot of counsil meetings around middle-earth. You have been left in charge of Mirkwood, but today Thranduil is finally coming home. You have missed him so much, and you have not had the chance to be together that much after the insident with lady Margaery, so you cant wait to spend some quality time together. You are in the throneroom when Thranduil arrives. He comes into the throneroom followed by a group of soldiers and smiles when he sees his queen sitting in his throne, with a large white wolf by her side.

Thranduil: Well what have we here? A new ruler in Mirkwood?

You: Kneel before your queen my lord.

You point to the ground, and try not to laugh. Thranduil walks up all the way to the throne and kneels right at your feet. You then feel him kissing your leg, but he tries to do it discreetly so the soldiers wont notice.

Thranduil: Was is my queens command?

You slowly lean forward and whisper in his war.

You: I command you to proclaim your love for me infront of your men.

Thranduil looks up at you and smirks.

Thranduil: I love you, and only you my queen.

You: Louder my lord. I dont think they all heard you.

You knew he did not like so look weak infront of his men. And he would rarly kiss you if they were watching. But you loved to tease him, and you knew you had him wrapped around your littlefinger. Thranduil stands up, turns to his men and clears his throat.

Thranduil: Let it be known that the queen of Mirkwood is the most beautiful, kind, loving and generous woman in all the land! And I, Thranduil of Mirkwood, love her and only her! And I will do so for the rest of my days!

He looks back at you and smiles.

Thranduil: Are you happy now?

You stand up and hug him tightly. He lifts you up and swings you around.

You: That was perfekt. Thank you my king.

You smile at the group of soldiers, who are trying not to laugh at what you had made Thranduil do in front of them.

You: Thank you for bringing my husband back to me safely. You may leave now.

The soldiers leave the room, and you are finally alone with your king again. Thranduil grabs your waist and kisses you passionatly.

Thranduil: Oh how I've missed you my love.

You: I have missed you to my king. How was the journey?

Thranduil: Long and boring. And I felt awful about leaving you here all alone. I have brought you a gift though to make up for it.

Thranduil takes out a giftbox from his uniform and hands it to you. You open it, and inside is a beautiful golden necklace with an orange citrine stone in the center.

You: Thranduil I love it.

Thranduil: I thought you could wear it at Thorins coronation cermony tomorrow.

After Thorins father had died it was now time for Thori to be crowned king of Erebor. And you were so exited to be able to be there suporting him. You had though about what Thorin had said to you at the ball. About not having anybody left. And you felt sad for him, not having someone to call his own.

Thranduil: Now. What are your plans for today my queen?

You: Nothing much. I dont have any more work for today, so im all your my king.

Thranduil: Well then... what about a ride in the forest? I have a special spot I want to take you.

You: That sounds great. But dont you want to rest first my king? It has been such a long journey for you.

Thranduil: No. I just want to spend the day with you. I can rest later. Go and get changed, and I will be ready with the horses in 20 minutters.

You: As you wish my love.

You give Thranduil a kiss on the cheek and go and get changed. You take off your heavy formal gown and jewlery, and put on a lightweight white summer dress with a high split on both sides, perfect for riding. Then you go downstairs to meet Tharduil at the stables.