CHAPTER 52 - The nightmare

Its been a few days since the battle at Helms Deep, and both Thranduil and Haldir have recovered from their induries with the help of the healers in the castle. They are stronger than ever, and Haldir is preparing the royal armie for battle at any day now. No one knows where the dark lord Suron is planning to attack next, but you need to be ready.

One night you are having a terrible nightmare. You dream that you are trapped on the top of a high and dark tower. There is no way down, and the tower is sorounded by flames. You feel yourself suficate from all the smoke, and you lay on the ground gasping for air. Then the thick smoke around you clares and a tall dark figure walkes slowly towards you. He is covered in armor from head to toe, and is wearing a spiky helmet that is covering his face. He came closer and closer, but you could not move. You feel his his large metal glove wrap around your throat as he lifts you up of the ground. He brings you close to his face and whispers in a dark voice that sendes chills down your spine.

Sauron: Scream my little dove. Scream for him to come and save you.

You open your mouth but so sound comes out. You claw at the metal glove as the dark figure tightns his grip around you throat. If this was not a dream you would have passed out, but this nightmare kept you awake to see and feel everything around you. He lifts you up even higher and yells.

Sauron: I SAID SCREAM!

He grabs your thigh with his other gloved hand and the metal burns agains your skin. You scream out in agony, as you feel your flesh searing. He lets go just as you think you are going to black out, and he again brings you close to his face.

Sauron: Scream his name my dear. He cant save you, if you do not call out for him.

He lifts you up again and you see his searing glove moving in to grab you. You scream out before he even touches you.

You: THRANDUIL!!!

He grabs your thigh again, a little higher then last time, and the pain is unberable. He lets go after a while and drops you on the ground at his feet. You cry out in pain and tears are streaming down your face. He then leans down and tilts your chin up to him.

You: Please... stop! What do you want from me!?

Sauron: I want your husband and his army. And you are going to make him give it to me.

You: No please! Dont hurt him!

Suron: Shhh... my dear. I will not hurt him. He is going to be my finest warrior. And you will make sure he obeys my every orden. Or else...

He throws his helmet in the ground and you see his face for the first time. His skin is pale, almost grey and dead looking. He has long black hair and piercing yellow eyes. He grabs a fist full of your hair and bits hard on the neck. You feel his teeth break your skin and you whimper as you feel the blood dripping down your neck. He pulls away and licks the blood of his lips while he looks deep into your eyes. He then leans forward and whispers in your ear.

Suron: Now repeat after me...

Meanwhile in the palace bedroom:

Thranduil wake up during the night to see you laying in bed having a nightmare. Your skin is pale and sweating, and you keep mumbling something he cannot quite understand. He tries to wake you up but you do not respond. You screams out in pain and he jumps up and feel your forhead. You are burning up. He run out of the room and make the guards call for the doctors and healers. He then rushes back to the bedroom and he sees you shaking in pain and fear. He holds your and and cry out in panic.

Thranduil: PLEASE MY LOVE, WAKE UP!

You hand feels so cold, and yet he can see that you are burning up. The doctors and healers rush into the room to your bed, but Thranduil does not let go of your hand.

Thranduil: What is wrong with her? Why cant I wake her up?

The doctor look at your eyes and feels your pulse. He looks all over your body to make sure that you are not wounded. He lifts up the sheets and look up at Thranduil.

Doctor: My king...

Thanduil looks down and see your thigh has a big red burn in the shape of a large hand.

Thranduil: What is that?

Doctors: This is dark magic my king. She must be under some kind of spell. We just have to hope that she wakes up soon before she gets hurt any more.

Thranduil: So all I can do is just wait!?

Doctors: I am sorry my king. But there is nothing we can do for her now except threat her burns.

You: THRANDUIL!!!

You cry out in pain, and shortly after another red burn appears on your upper thigh.

Thranduil: Odette? Im am here my love. You have to wake up!

You: Please... stop! What do you want from me? No please! Dont hurt him!

Thranduil: Hurt who? Please my love, I dont understand.

Thranduil looks down and sees a bitemark forming on your neck and blood starts to drip down on the pillow. He turns around and throws are vase into the wall in anger. He feels so helpless seeing you laying there in pain, and he can do nothing to help you. Then your eyes shoot open, and they are glowing yellow. You then speak in Surons dark and demanding voice.

You/Suron: Lord Thranduil! If you wish to keep your wife alive you must do exactly as I command. You will swear you legiense to me, and you and your army will fight for me in this war. If you do not, your people will suffer at the hands of my orcs. And your wife will suffer slowly... at the hands of me. Make your choice!

You scream out in agony, and you feel your whole body burning. Thranduil screams for it all to stop, but the dark lord keeps going. Just as Thranduil is about to give up, the door flies open and a tall white wizard enters the room.

Thranduil: Gandalf!?

Gandalf: Out of the way! There is not much time!

Everyone steps away from the bed and a white light forms around you. Gandalf shants something in a foreign language, and raises his white wooden stad to the ceiling. He then hits in on the ground, and everything goes quiet. You feel the burning sensation go away, and you pass out of exhaustion. Thranduil runs over to you and cupps your face in his hands.

Thranduil: Odette my love?

Then he turns his eyes to Gandalf.

Thranduil: What is going on? Will she be alright?

Gandalf: Yes she will be alright now. I came as fast as I could.

Thranduil: What was this magic?

Gandalf: This was the doing if the dark lord Sauron. He is trying to build up his army using your elven soldiers. He just needed something to threten you with. And he knew where it would hurt you most.

Thranduil: My sweet queen. Have you not been through enough. How did you know to come here?

Gandalf: I had a vision yesterday, and I rode as fast as I could. I knew Sauron would try to get your army, but I did not know she would have to pay the price. I have now blocked him out of her mind, so he can no longer enter her dreams to harm her.

Thranduil: Thank you Gandalf. I could not bare to lose her. She is my everything.

Gandalf: And Suron knows this. He can not love himself, but he knows how to use it as a weapon on others. I will leave you two alone. I wish to speak with her when she wakes up.

Thranduil nods and Gandalf leaves the room. The doctors and healers help clean and bind your wounds, and then they also leave. Thranduil sits in bed with your head in his lap. He strokes your hair and hums a calming tune as he hopes for you to wake up soon. You have been through so much, and he prays that this war will soon be over, so that you can just go back to beeing inlove, safe and happy together again.