73

"Tangled, tangled," I hummed, nodding along with the song. My hands moved along with the beat, and it was nearly enough to distract me from Garth and Tula talking in front of me. I narrowed my eyes and lifted my hands to the headphones. "You don't know, don't know." I pressed my finger on the pause button. The noise of the world came back around me, allowing me to hear the conversation going on right in front of me. 

"It is not good," Tula said. Garth scoffed.

"I am pretty sure that is obvious."

"Do not get- oh what's the word- snippy, with me."

"Who do you wish for me to take this tone with? I am nowhere near foolhardy enough to take it with our king, and do you really wish for me to talk to her like this? She barely talks to us as it is."

Tula dropped her crossed arms. Garth pulled her toward him. She pressed her forehead to his chest. "What if she starts acting like him?" 

Who were they talking about? There is not- oh. I bit the inside of my cheek. All I am doing is causing trouble. And is that not the truth of my life? It was my fault for all of this. My fault that Mother and Father are being put through this. I took the headphones off and slipped away. 

Disconcertingly easy if I dared say it. Shuffling through the hallways, my ears searched for noise. Often the things that made me jump were simple. Pipes grumbling or steam release or even the climate control kicking on. Yet one stuck out from the rest. 

I frowned and followed the source, peeking my head into the infirmary, only to see Father and Kaldur. As much as I was curious, I did not care. And I turned away.

I wandered back to my room, walking between Garth and Tula, who stared at me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed their wrists. "I wanted to walk around." I pulled them onto the bed and wormed my way between the two of them. "Whatever you two are worked up about can wait," I said, though really my only reasoning for that was I did not want to hear it. I do not need their pity, nor do I want it.

Garth hummed and let me press my head to his collar. Tula curled around my back. Sighing, I could not find a thing in the world to complain about. Well, aside from the constant worry that everyone around me would end up hurting me, but it is simply take two of when I was twelve.  

Tula, without explanation, rose from the bed, patted Garth's shoulder and then left. She offered no parting words, but I had no doubt she was needed back underseas. The two of them had already missed so many of their lessons being here. 

"Percy?"

I pulled back from Garth and moved until I could look at him without issue. Lips pulled into a soft smile, he laid a hand between us, an offer I took. "What?"

"I..." He paused. Red flooded his face. "I asked your mother for permission to court you." 

 I froze. My mind stopped working and it was all I could do to keep my mouth from gaping like a fish's. He wanted- Huh? What? No matter how hard i thought, I could not make sense of it. I had to have heard him wrong. Tula would be a much better person for him. And he could see her more often, unless- Were they planning on taking me undersea?

He continued,  "Only if you are okay with this, of course. And I understand if you do not want a relationship while you are going through everything. But the offer is-"

"Why not Tula?"

"Because I like you."

A sigh slipped out; I squeezed his hand once. I waited, and then squeezed again. The purple eyes across from me widened. Garth smiled and nudged closer to me. His soft breath fanned over my hair. The soft pads of his fingers dusted across my cheek, curling under my chin. With all the smoothness of water, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. He jolted.

"Sorry!" I said, pulling my hands back as my tattoos faded back to black. Garth laughed and shook his head. He took hold of my hands, both this time, interlocking our fingers. He kissed me again.

"It did not hurt."

I shifted until our bodies pressed close together, chest to chest. Every breath, every beat of his heart, I could feel it. Releasing one of my hands, Garth looped an arm over me. His fingers traced over my back, along every ridge of the bandages I still wore. I bit my tongue. It is affection, whether or not it is hurting me. 

As if he could hear my thoughts, Garth asked,"Am I hurting you?"

"it is fine."

"Not if I am hurting you."

"There are not a lot of ways I can move without being in some form of pain." 

"Do you wish for me to talk to our king about this? Or your mother? She worked as a healer at some point, yes?"

"Do not worry them. I have dealt with far worse."

The gentle movements ceased, and I whined. Even if it had- Fingers pressed against my head, gently rubbing . Garth's chest rumbled as he mumbled nonsense, but he obviously did not care about the words leaving his mouth considering the fact he said cheese.

"Wake me up if anything interesting happens?" I said.

"Of course. Sleep well."

"No promises."

922 922 922 922922922922

I will never explain!!!!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter. It...*whispers* sucks

Now if you excuse me, Fire is going to murder me for that, so just know I was originally going to leave it off after cheese and just put a picture of Aoyama. 

See yah