21

"Leave her alone!" I struggled against my chains. The freezing cuffs dug into my flesh, not phasing me in the slightest.

A dark chuckle echoed through the cell and I pressed my back against the cold, rough-hewn stone wall. The chains scraped against each other as I lifted my arms to defend myself.

Annabeth lifted her head and stared in my general direction, her eyes clouded.

Crimson shards covered the floor, laying in the pool of blood stemming from her side.

Drips of blood fell from a golden sword before the blade was wiped with a scrap of Annabeth's shirt.

"Or what little sister? You'll fight me?" Chrysaor pressed his now pristine sword to my throat. "Do you think I don't know our Father sent people to kill me? Even in his state, he managed to pull himself together long enough so he could make sure no harm came to his oh so precious daughter."

A thin line was drawn across my throat, the sword cutting through my turtleneck like butter.

He smirked. The ethereal glow of Greek fire mixed with the glow from his blade as he lowered it.

He stabbed it into the ground, turning his back on me. I almost reached for it. The reason I didn't was actually multiple reasons.

The first was it would make two much noise.

The second was that it was most likely out of my reach.

The third and final reason is also the most important. Chrysaor turned back around, green light reflecting off of his mask

"I must admit, you could have beat me. If we weren't trying to sink each other's boats, you might have actually been a challenge. But I still would have won. I am our father's more violent side you on the other hand, inherited his peaceful aspects. The side that cried over a girl who wouldn't marry him."

"Go to Hades." I growled, gathering the chains in my hands.

I should be strong enough...I should be strong enough to break myself free. If anything else, I may be able to electrocute him.

My brother laughed and swung his sword lazily through the air. The blade flashed as it posed to drive into my flesh.

"I would not waste your strength. Those chains have held much stronger beings than you. And anyway," He plunged his sword through my shoulder. "We have quite a lot of fun planned for you."

Megan

I was baking cookies when Artemis came into the living room.

"Hey Megan, trying a new recipe?" She slid onto a barstool.

"Triple chocolate cookies. I'm not sure how good they'll be but..." I shook my head, smiling. "Did you have a good night?"

She nodded and looked over at Connor, who was watching static as usual.

I still don't understand why, but I guess that's how all my brothers and sisters felt when I would watch Hello Megan.

"Hey Megalicious, how are you doing?" Wally rested his arm on my shoulder.

I ignored him, instead choosing to stare at Robin. He kept glancing around the room.

"Hey, where's Kaldur at? Isn't he normally up by now?" Artemis questioned.

"Maybe he just decided to sleep in?" I suggested.

"He doesn't know the definition of sleep in." Wally dropped his arm. "Do you want to-"

"He's visiting his family. His birthday was yesterday so Bats told Aquaman Kaldur could go to Atlantis."

"Okay, what about Percy?" Connor asked. "I haven't heard her get up yet. I know those two were talking last night but I don't know Ancient Greek."

"They're cute together." I mumbled. "I can feel their love for each other through the mind link."

They don't show much physical affection in public, aside from holding hands, sitting close to each other, and the rare kiss on the cheek. Much different from the couples in Happy Harbor. Although...

Love is universal, but the way love is expressed isn't. So that may be normal in Atlantean culture.

"So are we going to go wake her up or let her stay in bed and miss training?" Wally jumped up to sit on the counter.

"I'll go wake her up, I don't think she deserves the punishment for missing training." I started towards the bedroom.

A few feet from the door, I looked over my shoulder at Artemis. "If the timer goes off, please do not let Wally take them all."

Then I flew towards Percy's bedroom. I knocked and didn't receive an answer, so I knocked again.

When I didn't hear a response, I opened the door. "Percy?"

I stood at the side of her bed and looked down at her.

Her face was peaceful as she slept, arms wrapped around a pillow. A thin sheet was pulled over her, the gray fabric draping her body.

I lifted a hand to shake her, but...

I remembered what Kaldur said about her not getting enough sleep. Honestly, I doubt any of us have.

My nightmares have gotten better, but sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat. Sometimes I feel my uncle's hand stabbing through my chest.

My hand dropped back to my side. I'm not going to take away what might be her first good night of sleep in a while.

I think I'll tell Black Canary the truth about her being asleep and hope she understands.

I pulled another blanket up over her before leaving the room.

"Sweet dreams Percy."

Well this sucked

But I typed this in like an hour and a half

And I had to go to a trustee meeting for government

And uh...

What do you think is happening

And

What do you think will happen?

See yah