41

I leaned against Kaldur, staring out over a field.

"This is nice." He mumbled, wrapping his arm around me.

"It is." I sighed. "How long do you think you will be able to hold this?"

"Long enough for you to get a good night's rest."

The world around us shuddered and cracks appeared in the landscape. Kaldur's tattoos glowed and those cracks slowly healed.

"You are going to be exhausted when we wake up." I said.

"I will be fine." He moved me so I was on his lap, facing him. "You need your rest more than I do."

I rolled my eyes, wrapping my arms around him. "I love you so much, but you need rest as much as I do."

"I am not the one who suffers from flashbacks and PTSD induced nightmares."

Kaldur's fingers pulled through my hair and we sat there. He hummed softly, not faltering even as I heard the world around us begin to crumble.

"You cannot hold this any longer Kaldur."

"I can attempt-"

"You will only hurt yourself if you do not relinquish control. We both know how much strain this puts on both your mind and your body."

"You do not deserve to suffer."

I gently ran my fingers over Kaldur's hair as he continued to sleep.

There was a knock on my door, which I ignored. Then the knock came again.

"Percy? Are you awake?" Megan called. "It's time for breakfast."

I got up and pushed the dresser away from my door. I opened the door. "I am going to pass on- Megan! Please put me down!"

I flailed in the air, fighting against an intangible force.

"Not until you eat."

I sighed. "Can I at the very least cover Kaldur with a blanket? His mother said he had caught a surface illness and I do not want him getting sick again."

My feet touched the ground and I walked back to Kaldur. I pulled the blanket over him, kissing his head afterwards.

He shifted and mumbled a few words in his sleep, leading to me chuckling.

"Rest now." I mumbled before walking out to the kitchen with Megan.

"Where's Kaldur?" Connor asked.

"He is asleep." I took the plate Megan handed me and began eating.

"That's weird, he's usually awake by now." She said, sitting down.

"He has always been an early riser."

"Who's an early riser?" Black Canary walked in.

"Black Canary, I thought training was going to be in the afternoon today?" Megan asked.

"Robin, Kid Flash and Artemis have recieved an assignment from Batman. I thought we could take some time and work on some more skills. Where's Aqualad?"

"Asleep." I replied.

"Go wake him up, I'll need you all to do this."

Sighing I left to go wake him up, pausing in my doorway when I saw him already awake.