7

I yawned as I walked towards the exercise room. I just could not fall asleep after Percy woke me up.

Before I could enter, I stopped in the doorway, watching as Percy abused a punching bag.

Her punches slowed until she rested her forehead against the bag, her palms pressed to it as well. Blood ran down the backs of her hands, knuckles torn and bloody.

"I thought I-"

"I know what you said Kaldur." She growled. "And I do not care."

I sighed and walked over to her. "If you cannot care about yourself how can I trust you to not put the team in danger?"

She turned and glared up at me.  "I would never put them in danger."

"How many have died?" I raised an eyebrow. "How may have died because of you?"

Her hand grabbed my shirt and she pulled me down. "Never think that I wanted that to happen."

I grabbed her wrist. "Yet it did."

Her eyes saddened and she pulled her hand away from me. I watched her as she wrapped her hands with bandages.

"Either you prove to me you can handle being here, both emotionally and physically, or you leave."

She scoffed. "What are you going to do? Fight me and force me to leave?"

"If it comes down to it." I crossed my arms.

Her sea green eyes blazed with anger. "Why are you being such a jerk?!"

I stared her down. "I am only treating you the way you deserve. The way you know that you deserve to be treated."

The fire in her eyes instantly died with my statement and her shoulders dropped. "I can't...I cannot believe you."

"You cannot believe that I am calling you out for everything that you have caused? Everyone that has been killed due to you?!" My voice began to get louder before I caught it. "You cannot believe that I wish to protect my friends from you?!"

Her eyes shone as tears welled up, spilling over onto her cheeks.

I pressed my lips together, staring at her for a few moments. "You of all people should understand just how much you mess things up. I am not even sure why our king brought you here."

She didn't say anything, instead choosing to turn back to the bag.

I sat on a bench and continued to watch her. Her lean body moved with fluid grace as she practically danced around the bag.

Her hits became harder and with a final kick, the bag crashed to the ground.

Percy's chest was heaving, her hands clenched tighter.

"Why are you still here?" She forced out between breaths.

I stood and closed the distance between us. Reaching into my pocket, I fished out what I found at the temple.

I tied it around her neck, the beads pressing into her skin.

Her eyes widened and her fingers tore at her necklace. Percy managed to rip it off, the beads scattering across the floor.

"Why- Why would you do that?!" She sobbed, hand pressed to her throat.

"Percy."

"Just go! If you are going to lecture me, leave!" She sank to her knees.

My eyebrows drew together and my eyes scanned her face.

Her hand was still pressed to her throat, as if guarding it.

I shook my head and squared my shoulders. "You have one more chance Percy. This is the final opportunity I will give you."

I walked out of the room, the door closing behind me, leaving Percy to shed her tears.

As I walked away, my hands clenched into fists. Why does she act like I am not justified? We are both aware of what she has caused.

The fact that she was at the temple changed nothing. It just cements it further in my mind that she should not be there.

Six more people are dead because of Percy. Six more teenagers who had their whole lives ahead of them. Dead.

I walked into my room and punched the wall.

Artemis, Robin, Wally, Megan, Connor, and myself. Six.

If history repeats...

My heart began to beat faster. If history repeats itself...

I sank to the floor, a small sob escaping my lips. I stared at my shaking hands.

I cannot let that happen to them. I cannot let them die. It is my duty as leader to promote their wellbeing.

My body shook harder.

Percy...

She is a member of this team but I cannot have her here if I wish for the others to be safe.

Truly, she should not be here. She is a walking disaster magnet. Everytime she attempts to help, things become worse. Everytime.

I ran a hand over my hair, slowly picking myself up. I stumbled to my bed and laid down, burying my face in my pillow.

I need to sleep. Percy's arrival has been...difficult for me to adjust to.

It brings up memories. And not all of them are good.

Besides that, I already kept a poor sleep schedule, coupled with that...

Sleep deprivation is something that I should try to eliminate whenever possible.

I pulled my weighted blanket over me, the weight attempting to simulate water.

My eyes focused on my clock. If I sleep  until six, then I will at least get three hours of sleep.

But if I get up at five...

I may be able to make progress on some case notes Robin asked me to give him an opinion on.

Two hours of sleep is better than none  I suppose.

Nine two two

Ninetwotwo ninetwotwo ninetwotwoninetwotwo

Wooooooooo

And....this is crap but I have a headache...

Hope you enjoyed Kaldur's POV

And....

Ideas of what's going on?

Ideas of what's going to happen?

And if you don't want to comment you can PM me

Now...I want to go grab food

See yah