2

I yawned, changing into a pair of shorts and a shirt before slipping my jacket over my shoulders.

Then I sighed. Time to go deal with Kaldur...

I walked to the kitchen, the smell of pancakes hitting my nose.

A grin appeared on my face and I practically leapt onto a stool, staring at Megan in eager anticipation.

She didn't seem to notice me, pancake batter dropping perfectly onto the hot skillet.

Telekinesis I guess.

"Good morning Megan." Kaldur walked towards her before taking the spatula. "I will finish."

"Are you sure Kaldur?"

"Yes."

"Do you want me to help?" I tilted my head.

He ignored me and I sighed.

"Kaldur-"

"I do not need your help Percy, never have, never will." He looked at me to deliver a sharp looking before finishing up the batter.

There was a yawn and Connor came into the room. "Morning."

"Good morning Connor." Megan flew over to him. "Did you sleep well?"

He rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah.  I slept fine."

"Here you are. Shall I put the rest away or leave them till Wally arrives?" Kaldur passed us each a plate with three pancakes.

"You should know me well enough to know I need more than three." I leaned over and grabbed four more.

"I also know you should not be here." He mumbled under his breath. "You only ever cause trouble."

I mean...he is not wrong. But...that does not excuse him for acting like this.

After he said that, we ate in awkward silence, no one making an attempt at breaking it.

"Aw sweet! Pancakes!" There was a blur and soon all the pancakes were gone.

I stared at Wally. Superspeed.

"You seem to like them." I said.

"Yeah, but not as much as I like you sugar." He flashed a wide grin.

I glanced at Kaldur. His lips were once again pressed into a thin line and his fingers tightened on his fork.

"I appreciate your attempts at making me feel welcome." I said, directing a smile at Wally. I'm used to flirting, but it never ceases to be amusing when I act like I do not notice.

His face became bright red, to the point where his face blended with his hair

"Uh, you're welcome." He rubbed the back of his neck.

There was a cackle and I shot to my feet, turning to stare at Robin, my hand in my pocket.

"You don't seem whelmed at all." He walked over and stole my seat.

"Whelmed?" I questioned.

"Yeah, like between underwhelmed and overwhelmed. Whelmed." He explained.

"Oh."

"Also, Canary is gonna swing by in like an hour or so for training." He looked at the others.

"Dude, why so early? It's not even seven yet." Wally groaned.

"You are awake aren't you?" I pushed Kaldur off of his seat before stealing it. "Why wouldn't we begin training?"

"Because that's insane!?"

Kaldur grabbed the empty plates before washing them, scrubbing at them roughly.

"What has the plate done to you?" I asked, a stupid grin on my face. Fake the smile, no matter how much it hurts, just keep faking.

"It is not the plate I have a problem with." He kept his reply clipped and tone measured.

"What's the problem then?" Megan placed her hand on his shoulder.

"It is no concern of the Team's."

"It is since-"

"Robin, we are not discussing this matter," Kaldur said. "It is personal and makes no difference if you are aware of it or not."

I pressed my lips together before getting up and sitting on the back of the couch, legs crossed.

"What should we do until training begins?" I asked.

"We could watch television or we could get an early start. She might let us off early if we do." Robin said.

"Since when has that happened? Plus Artemis isn't here and if we don't wait for her Canary is going to beat us black and blue." Wally sighed. "I like that in a woman."

"Do you hit on every girl you see?" Connor asked.

"Only the ones I really like."

"So all of them." Connor apparently already knew the answer to his own question.

"Pretty much. Hey hot stuff, you might want to get some ice packs ready. Of course if you get hurt, I could always help you."

"I am capable of tending to my own injuries. Although are we using blades? I would like to know so I may get needles ready in the event of a significant cut."

"No. We do not tend to use lethal weapons." Kaldur spoke to me for the second time today.

"You say tend. Does that mean you have and do not want to admit it or does that mean you have killed someone?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Percy..."

"You are avoiding my question Kaldur."

"You did not give me an opportunity to answer." Kaldur glared at me.

"I am not stopping you now."

He opened his mouth to speak, yet he was interrupted once again. This time by Artemis walking in.

"What did I miss?" She took a bite out of an apple.

"I'm...not exactly sure." Megan said, staring at me and Kaldur as we glared at each other.

Robin got up and waved his hand between us. "Now that we're all here, we can go get some training done. Cone on. I'd rather get this over with."

I nodded and stood. "Understandable. Lead the way."

Well

Crap

I can't brain

But

How about you guys debate or whatever about what you think's going on in the book.

I'm tired

See yah