18

I floated in the water, waiting for my father to finish whatever business he has.

He would probably be willing to put it aside if he knew I am here. However, I do not wish for anything like that.

The doors flew open and a merman swam out, grumbling to himself.

I smiled and swam inside, dropping into a bow. "Father."

"Rise my daughter." He chuckled.

I stood up and looked at him as he walked towards me.

He rested his hand on the side of my face, his familiar smile making an appearance. "You are looking more like your mother every time I see you."

"Poseidon!" Amphitrite glared at him.

"I'm simply making a statement. Besides, when you married me you knew I wouldn't be faithful forever."

"I know that, I didn't expect the result of your affair to be in our household."

"You had no trouble with Theseus."

"You were also honest with me!"

Walking backwards, I inched out of the room.

The stones on my sash clicked together and I froze as they turned to look at me.

"I...I can come back later if you wish." I mumbled, dipping my head.

Dad placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't go. Amphitrite and I can finish this later."

He kissed my forehead when I remained silent. "You're staying for lunch."

My eyes widened and I stared up at him, not just from him saying that but from the affection.

"No buts. I want to spend time with you and Triton has been asking to see you as well."

I nodded. "Of course Father."

"Good. Now let's go find your brother."

He led me through the palace. We ended up in the living room, where Dad guided me to a couch.

"I'll go find Triton, please don't get kidnapped." He lightly patted my head before leaving the room.

I sighed and pulled one of my gloves off. Fresh scratch marks littered my arm. I traced them with a finger before pulling my glove back on.

I do not want to risk Dad discovering these, and I do not know if me healing them would alert him. And I do not want to heal myself for something so minuscule.

Dad soon reentered the room along with Triton.

His eyes seemed to darken. "What is she doing here?"

"Hush, you said you wanted to spend time with her. Here's your chance. I am going to tell the staff to set an extra plate for lunch."

Triton sat beside me but didn't look at me.

Dad paused in the doorway. "Don't kill him."

"She's a girl."

"I was talking to her."

Orin

"I have a question Orin."

I looked up from my food to meet Bruce's eyes. "What is it?"

"Why do you have two protogés?"

I sighed and thanked Alfred as he refilled my cup of water.

"They come as a pair, Bruce."