49

I looked up at Dad, tears still falling down my face.

He smiled at me sadly. "I never expected to be in this position. I never...expected to care so much about you. Maybe you being my first mortal daughter has something to do with it."

"I thought-"

"One of Triton's. I claimed her so she could have a cabin." He mumbled, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "But yes, you're the first daughter I've sired from a mortal. I so hoped your brother would be the one of the prophecy. I hoped that you would somehow be spared the life of a demigod."

"I believe that hope only had the opposite effect."

He chuckled and held me closer to him. I offered no protest.

My entire life, he has not shown me much in terms of affection. And now he is.

And affection is something Atlantean's need, it is an integral part of our culture. It is why parents will hold their children close, even when grown. It is why we seek out our nearest friend or family member for something as simple as a hug. Without affection we suffer much as Earthers do, but the affects on us are faster acting and more apparent.

I instinctively melted into the embrace and wrapped an arm around him.

"Okay, that's enough Percy." Dad lightly patted my back.

I whined and held tighter to him. I mumbled a request which he didn't seem to hear.

So I said it louder.

"Can I cuddle with you?"

"No." He pulled me away from him. "I have to go inform Orin of my decision. Go train."

I nodded and walked to the door before pausing. "Thank you Father."

"Don't mention it. But I'm expecting something nice for Father's Day."

I smiled and rushed away, searching for Kaldur. When I found him, I jumped on him.

He easily caught me and spun me around.  "What was the verdict?"

"Based on what he has said, I expect a full pardon."

A wide grin spread across his face and he laughed. He sat me down and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I told you it would turn out well."

"To be honest, I did not expect it to end in this manner. I doubt he would have changed his opinion had I not mentioned certain things."

"What were you even on trial for?" Robin asked walking over to us.

"Treason."

"I know that, but what was the treason?"

I sighed. "Robin, many things can be considered treason in Atlantis. Mine was simply me failing to kill myself or escape when captured."

"Wait...so you can either kill yourself or be killed for not killing yourself?"

"It is complicated. Now if you excuse me, I am exhausted."

Robin

Percy immediately passed out on the couch. Kaldur walked away before returning with a blanket. He covered her with it and kissed her head.

"I have some reports to attend to so can you please watch over her?"

I nodded and sat down, watching Kaldur walk away.

After a few minutes, I decided to lay down. I wrapped my arms around Percy. A small smile spread across my face as she did the same in her sleep.

She mumbled something in Atlantean and pulled me closer.

It didn't take long for me to start drifting off.

But...

When I finally did it seemed like I was only asleep for a few minutes before I was woken up by screaming.

Percy was thrashing beside me and I was kicked off of the couch.

"Kaldur!" I yelled, but he was already running into the room.

"Percy!" He dropped to his knees beside the couch and caught her flailing arms.

He pulled her onto his lap and I stared at him in surprise as he started singing.

Honestly I didn't know he was that good of a singer.

I couldn't understand him, seeing as it was an Atlantean song, but it calmed Percy down.

As soon as she was peacefully asleep Kaldur sat her back on the couch.

He stood up and looked at me. "I am going to return home for the day."

"Why?"

"I wish to speak with some people about the day's events. Also I really want some kelpcakes." He smiled. "I will bring you back some if you wish."

"I'll be fine. Have fun."

"Just...watch over her please? We did not go through all of this only for her to die by doing something stupid."

I didn't get a choice since he left before I could reply.

I sighed and went to walk away. I need...I need to figure out more about Kaldur and Percy's relationship.

A hand grabbed mine and I turned to look back.

"Cuddle..."

"Uh, Percy...I'm not Kaldur."

"I know. Just...Atlanteans need affection and after today, I really need some. So please? Kaldur will not care."

"What do you mean? Aren't you important to him?"

"Yes. But I have done this with several of our friends before. Garth and Lori are usually willing to put aside work to do so."

I didn't really believe it but I laid down beside her. I didn't do anything until she wrapped her arms around me. I slowly returned the hug and tucked my head against her shoulder.

"Are you sure Kaldur won't care about this?"

She groaned and pulled me closer. "I am sure. Now...please just...cuddle."

Hey look it's crap

Now...

Whatcha think will happen next

Uh...

I made a contest book so go partake in some fun contests

If you have any questions I'll answer them

See yah