5

"Six tourists were found dead in Athens, Greece yesterday," Batman said, holographic images of the destroyed temple appearing. "Around the same time the League detected a large surge of magical energy."

I didn't react aside from tugging at my gloves.

"You are to investigate the cause. I will be assisting since this is a public incident, do not talk to the press."

"Of course. When do we leave?" Kaldur asked.

"Immediately. Aquagirl, you will be coming with us as a trial run. Do not make me regret it."

"I will not make any promises." A smile tugged at my lips.

"Are you going to ride with us in the Bioship?" Megan asked, looking at Batman.

"Yes."

She nodded before flying towards the hangar. We all followed after her, walking up the ramp into the Bioship.

"Where should I sit?" I stood beside Batman as the others took their seats.

Two chairs formed, one next to Wally the other by Robin.

When Batman moved towards Robin, I sat next to Wally. He grinned at me, but I ignored him, choosing to shift my gaze over to Kaldur when the ship lifted up.

He shifted his water pack slightly, eyes no doubt scanning the sky.

Lightning struck beside us, pushing the Bioship into a spin. I gripped the edge of my seat.

Almost forgot about the death threat.

"What the heck was that?!" Artemis yelled.

"Most likely heat lightning. No storms on the radar." Robin said.

"I suspect that this will be a turbulent flight." Kaldur shot a glare at me.

I ignored him, closed my eyes, and tightened my hold on the seat.

"What's wrong babe, flying reminding you of when you fell from heaven?"

I could practically feel Kaldur's glare intensify.

Wally put a hand on my arm when I did not respond. "Hey, are you okay?"

"He's going to kill me." I mumbled.

"You know he will not so suck it up."

I opened my eyes long enough for me to glare at him. Then I shut them tight again.

"We're almost there." Megan said.

I am not sure if I should be more anxious about being in the air or...or being where I watched my friends die.

"Prepare for landing." Batman stood up.

"We got here quickly." I said.

"Spaceship." Connor said, keeping his reply as short as ever.

Everyone stood up and I followed their lead, walking down the ramp. The first thing I saw was the destroyed temple, police tape surrounding most of it.

"What are we looking for?" Artemis asked.

"Any sign of who might have caused this." Batman walked forward, looking at a piece of rubble.

Mind link established.

This is still so odd to me. I thought.

You'll get used to it. Robin replied moving over to his mentor.

As I picked my way through, my eyes couldn't help but be drawn to the blood stains.

I'm sorry...

"Batman, before we return to base, may I visit a temple?" I looked at him.

"Is it important?"

"Very much so." I replied.

"Yes, I assume Aqualad will-"

"I will not be accompanying her. I am better utilized here." Kaldur bent down, eyes focused on the ground. "What is this?"

I walked over as he stood up, holding something that made my breath hitch.

"I...I am going to go to the temple now." I turned and strode away, ignoring Batman as he yelled at me to stop.

My hands shook. As soon as I was a suitable distance away, I whistled.

I did not have to wait long for Blackjack to come hurtling down from the sky.

Hey boss.

I rushed forward and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my face into his fur.

Uh, boss? You okay? Do I need to beat someone up?

"No." I sniffed. "But can you take me to a temple?"

Which one? There's like a hundred over here.

"Blackjack...please...you have to know which one I'm talking about."

Ooooh, got it. But-

"Donuts, I know."

Actually, I was going to say you have to tell me what's wrong but I'll take donuts.

I wiped my eyes before climbing up onto his back.

"How's your leg?" I mumbled as he took off.

Pretty good. Your dad healed it for me.

The rest of the flight was quiet, which to be honest was quite suprising.

Here you go boss. Want me to wait on you?

"Please." I dismounted before walking into the remains of the temple. I stared over the sea before dropping to my knees.

I leaned forward so my arms were resting on the ground, tears dripping down my face.

Blackjack's hoofsteps drew close to me. I'm going to-

"Go ahead." I said, voice breaking.

He laid down, stretching a wing over me.

"Blackjack...if I- if I black out, get out of here."

I'm not gonna leave you defenseless boss.

I forced a smile. "I really need to get you donuts."

Yes, yes you do.

I sighed, lips beginning to move as I prayed. The more I said, the faster I spoke. And the faster I spoke, the more tears that fell.

Boss, calm down. You're shaking. His wing pulled me close to his body before he swung his head around to nuzzle mine.

"Why...?" Was the only word that left my mouth and I leaned into Blackjack.

Why what?

I didn't give him an answer, simply choosing to cry while I could.

If Kaldur knew the state that I'm in...

I do not know what he'd say.

And frankly speaking, I do not want to.

Well

Any guesses? Cause ri ghb t now I should be in bed but...

Eh.

I had the ACT today

It was fun...

And

See yah