60

"My child," The man rested a hand on Percy's shoulder and she flinched. He then turned her head so she was looking at him. "Are you okay?"

"My Lord, she refuses to speak around males. She would not speak around Will or Chiron, or even Kaldur. The only person she has spoken to has been Tula." My king gestured to me.

I did not pay attention to the way King Orin addressed the man, presumably Percy's true father. Instead, I kept a careful eye on Percy.

She stared blankly at her father, not showing any sign of recognition, though she was tense. He sighed and kissed her forehead. "I love you.

Percy did not react, not even as Black Canary entered the room with Kaldur. 

"Percy, can you come with me? I need to talk to you."

Kaldur stared at his sister before walking off somewhere. I looked at Ronal. He nodded and followed.

Percy gestured  to me.

"She can come if you want her to." Black Canary said. Percy stood up and walked to me, grabbing my hand.

As we followed Black Canary, I found myself frowning.

"What is wrong?" Percy's voice was soft.

"I am worried about you."

"I will be fine, Tula." She did not look at me, instead messing with the material of her shirt.

Black Canary entered a room and sat on one of the chairs inside. Percy sat across from her. I would have sat on Percy if it was not for her injuries. I sat on the arm of the chair.

"This may be incredibly difficult for you to speak about, but I need you to do your best to answer my questions okay?"

Percy nodded.  "Okay."

"Do you know where they took you?"

"I was unconscious. I woke up in chains."

"Do you know who took you?"

"Monsters."

"They were monsters to-"

"No. They were literally monsters. One was an empousa named Kelly. There were gemini and a bunch of others I cannot remember."

Black Canary looked at me with an eyebrow raised, not believing what Percy was telling her.

"It has been long documented that the monster of myths have survived into the modern age. Though I do not know why they would be after her," I said.

"Do you know why you would be targetted? Something to do with Aquaman?"

Percy shook her head, staring at her hands. "It was my actions that brought this."

No matter how hard Black Canary pressed, Percy would not offer up more information than that.

"What did they do to you?"

Percy tensed at that question and I gently rubbed her back. The water from the waterfall began to swirl around us, building in speed as time went on. Taking a deep breath, I tried to wrestle control of the water away from Percy, only to fail.

The door to the room opened without warning and the water dropped to the floor.

"You shouldn't be in here." Black Canary stared at Percy's father.

"I need to speak with my daughter. Privately."

Poseidon

I waited for the others to leave before crouching down to look Percy in the eyes.

She turned her head away. My shoulders fell. "Percy, I am not going to hurt you. I am not allowing a punishment to even be considered." I gently took her hands, turning her arms over. "Orin told me that you tried to follow the mandate. I can't be mad at you."

Especially considering the other information Orin shared with me regarding what he suspected happened.

My eyes scanned her, taking note of every visible injury. There was no damage to her gills, but she had numerous bandages around her arms and on her face. She shifted and winced, meaning she most likely has a broken bone somewhere that people haven't noticed yet.

I grabbed her underneath the arms and picked her up. She struggled against me, a few tears falling down her face.

"Stop crying. I'm not going to hurt you." I sat down and placed her on my lap. I kept a firm grip on her, keeping her from escaping no matter how hard she fought.

After about thirty seconds, she calmed down and stared at the wall her body trembling from the stress she put on herself.

"There you go." I mumbled and ran my fingers through her hair. I moved her so she was leaning against me. I kissed her forehead. We sat there like that for a while, with me occasionally hushing Percy when she would begin crying.

"You're okay, my child. You're safe now." I summoned a handkerchief and wiped some of her tears away. "I need you to sit still so I can try to heal some of these injuries. Especially any broken bones."

She offered no argument and I pulled a little water over, letting it wrap around some of her worst injuries and after a moment Percy cried out as a bone snapped back into place. That only made her shaking worse and I found myself staring at a crying child I could not get to calm down.

Sighing, I got up. I placed her back on the chair, kissed her forehead and walked out of the room, glancing through one of the windows before walking to find someone.

It wasn't hard to find Orin, who was sitting on the couch with Kaldur curled into his side, along with other children who were in the middle of watching a movie.

"I left Percy in the room. I healed some of her injuries, including a couple broken bones. I'm late to a meeting so I trust you can manage to protect her."

"My Lord-"

"That's not a request, Orin."

*sound of a door slowly opening*

So uh....

I have class tomorrow

I don't have much to say...

See yah