14

I laid back on the sand, warm sun hitting my skin.

"Come on!" Wally yelled.

Kaldur sat down next to me. "Did you put sunscreen on?"

"If I get a sunburn, I will fight the sun."

Robin laughed. "You know you can't actually do that right?"

"Put some on please. I would prefer you not to get on the bad side of one of the few gods who actually tolerates you."

I sighed, getting up. "I will be inside. I am tired."

The moment I closed the door to my room, it opened again and Kaldur sat on my bed.

"What is wrong? It is not like you to not wish to go swimming."

I stared at him for a few moments. "Tomorrow, I have to go to camp. Annabeth's funeral will be then, possibly with the others."

He nodded and stared at the floor. "I will come up with an excuse for-"

"I want you to come with me." I interrupted him. "But for now...I am going to go visit Aunt Sally."

I pulled a turtleneck on over my bathing suit along with a pair of cargo pants. Which I had to wear a belt with.

"You take stealing my clothes too far." Kaldur stood up and grabbed his jacket off of my dresser. "I am coming with you."

I sighed and finished getting ready before the two of us headed for the Zeta Tubes.

Eventually, we found ourselves standing outside of a familiar door. I knocked.

Kaldur had my hand in his, and he glanced around worriedly.

The door opened, revealing one of the two women who deserve to be goddesses. "Percy?"

"Hi Aunt Sally." My lips stretched into a grin.

"Hey Percy." Paul looked up from the papers in front of him long enough to smile at me.

"What are you doing here? I thought for sure you would be catching up with your mother. And who is this?" Sally shifted her gaze to Kaldur.

"I am Kaldur, it is a pleasure to meet you."

"I am...taking a break from undersea life and I am trying to avoid anything that could tie me to my demigod life. Which is why I have not visited since I returned."

Sally nodded. "Do you want some cookies? They're fresh out of the oven."

"Yes please!"

She laughed and walked into the kitchen before returning with a container of cookies.

"You know, if you ever want to try surface schooling again, I still have your room. Actually, if you just want to spend the night, you're welcome to."

I simply nodded, taking the cookies from her.

You see, when I was seven, my king asked if I would be interested in being an exchange student.

Mother pressured me into it, said it would be a wonderful learning opportunity.

Although, I believe it was so I would be accustomed to surface customs and mannerisms. If I had not started staying here during the school week...

Well, I do not think I would have adapted well to camp.

And it was not like I missed much, aside from a summer vacation. Orin made sure I still recieved my full Atlantean education.

Kaldur

Percy and I walked away from the apartment, the sun setting.

She had the cookies tucked under her arm as we walked towards the nearest Zeta Tube.

"Percy, why were you at camp for a week?"

She did not answer me and I was half tempted to inquire again, but if I know anything about her...it is that she will not tell me.

"I may visit Father soon." Was all I managed to get out of her as we walked.

"Why?"

"I want to speak with him...nothing that you are able to help with."

"I am your brother. You can tell me."

She looked over at me. "Can I though? You told me yourself that you believe some of what you told me. How do I know that you will-"

"There are things you believe that are not true Percy. Yes, I blame you for Beckendorf's death. But I know it was not your fault. It is the same as how I blame you for the attacks that have put our friends in danger. It is not your fault that you attract monsters."

"To be fair, you may attract them as well." She bumped me with her hip.

"I have not been claimed. Odds are I am only your half-brother."

"You can understand fish and horses. That's a child of Poseidon thing."

I sighed and shook my head as Percy entered the Zeta Tube.

There is another reason I assume we are only half siblings.

I was not the child of the prophecy despite being older. I have not been involved in any battles like Percy has.

I have had the occasional monster attack but Percy's scent may linger...

I entered the Zeta Tube and whenI arrived in the Cave, I stretched.

"Where have you two been?" Connor asked.

"We thought talking a walk would be agreeable." Percy replied, walking towards the living room. "Are we not allowed to live our lives?"

I rolled my eyes and followed after her.

Percy pulled off her turtleneck before she was even in her room and...

"Since when have you had that many scars?" I lightly ran my fingers over the lines on her back.

I swallowed back the horror arising in my stomach before dropping my hands.

"It does not matter."

"Percy-"

"It doesn't matter."

Crap

That's what this is

But

Nah it's just crap

But any ideas/things you want to see/theories/etc.

And I'm gonna go to bed

See yah