29

I watched as Percy fought Wally, smiling as she quickly adapted to his speed.

He attempted to land a punch and my sister dodged to the side, shoving him to the floor. She pinned him to the ground.

"I always pictured this the other way babe."

Protectiveness surged within me and I glared at Wally as Percy stood and helped him up.

"I am a rather difficult opponent for many." She grinned before walking over to me.

Without a word she walked behind me and climbed onto my back.

I chuckled. "Are you tired?"

"Yes." She mumbled, barely lifting her head as the Zeta Tubes announced the arrival of Batman, our king, Black Canary, and Martain Manhunter.

"Do you have a mission?!" Wally rushed over to them.

"No." Batman said, not giving anything more than that.

"Then why are you here?" Connor asked.

The adults turned their heads to look at our king. When they did so...I felt dread settle in my stomach. And one thought ran through my head.

Are Mother and Father okay?

He sighed. "I am removing Percy from her duties as Aquagirl and sending her home. Effective immediately."

I stared, happy because my parents were fine but at the same time...I was in shock.

Percy had drifted to sleep so she did not respond, but I stared at him with wide eyes and my mouth hung open.

"Why?" I finally asked.

"She is compromising your capabilities as a leader." Batman spoke.

"The actions I witnessed inside of the failed simulation and the actions Megan told me of in this recent scenario with Klarion illustrates the lengths you are willing to go through to protect her. And what you will do in the event of her death." Martain Manhunter added.

"Is it too farfetched to believe that I was distraught over losing two of my teammates? My friends? My family?" I stressed the last word as I stared at my king.

"From what Miss Martian showed us, you were about to don the helmet yourself in order to take Percy's place." My king crossed his arms. "Aside from that my son, she is acting odd even you must admit that. In the aftermath of the scenario, she was upbeat and happy."

"Kaldur, she refuses to talk about it, to even admit she has a problem. She died from being impaled and she's acting peachy. There's no explanation for it."  Black Canary's voice was soft.

I laughed softly. "That is where you are wrong. There is an explanation for it. You have asked me what it was that Percy said to me that caused me to rush after her. In those words is the explanation. "

"And what did she say to you?" She asked.

I swallowed. "She-"

Percy yawned. "What is going on?"

"I am removing you from your duties." Our king said before I could explain.

Her grip on me tightened before she dropped onto the ground. "No."

"You do not have a choice. This is an order."

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Percy's expression twist.

"And if I disobey my king? We both know I only call you that out of respect and out of habit. So what will you do? Send me to my room?"

I looked back at the Team, only to see they had vanished.

"Stand down." Batman ordered, glaring at Percy.

She laughed and met him with her own glare.

"Percy..." I mumbled. "Perhaps it would be-"

"Do not tell me you still want rid of me." She turned her glare on me. I shuddered underneath it. It has gotten more intimidating.

"If it means you will be safe." I placed a hand on her shoulder. I would rather have her someplace safe, than with me. But at the same time...I know one of the safest places for her is with me.

"You are going to return to Atlantis with Aquaman and abandon your position of Aquagirl." Batman ordered.

Percy shrugged my hand off of her shoulder. "Kaldur, if you need me, you know where to find me."

"There are many places." I pointed out.

"Take a guess, there's a chance that I will be there."

She squared her shoulders and lifted her chin. "I am not returning to Atlantis. You can attempt to stop me but you know it will not matter."

I did not attempt to stop her.

The adults were standing in shock, even my king who of all of them should have expected this outcome.

"Kaldur, what did she say to you when I was trying to get you to to get along?"

I bit my lip and slipped my hand into my jacket pocket, relieved when I did not feel Riptide. At least she will have her sword and her dagger. That should be plenty of protection.

I know for a fact she did not have her dagger when she went missing, and while she is a formidable opponent wielding Riptide, I am quite confident that she could defeat a few gods while dual wielding.

She does not do it as often on land as she does undersea. I suppose that may have something to do with the training she had at Camp Half-Blood. If she was not instructed on wielding two weapons there, it would be odd for her to do so.

"Kaldur'ahm, answer Black Canary."

I sighed and looked to the floor, finding interest in the dirt that had been tracked in and not yet cleaned up.

"She said the reason she was upbeat was she had died protecting Wally and Robin."

Welp

Here have a chapter

And what do you think is gonna happen next?

Now I'm gonna finish this episode of Two and a Half Men and go to bed

See yah