17

I took a deep breath and relaxed, cool water surrounding me. After a few seconds, I shot back to the surface.

You're an idiot Boss.

I looked up at Blackjack. "It's not like I jumped over concrete."

He flew down lower, the wind from his wings beating against me. He bent his head down so he could nuzzle my head.

You okay?

"Yeah." I stood ontop of the water, solidifying the surface so he could land.

Whatever you say Boss. He shook himself, water spraying from his feathers. But why dive?

"I wanted to, duh." I rolled my eyes. "Why else would I?"

Because you're trying to stall?

I must admit, he is not wrong. I know Kaldur wants me there, but the fact remains that he still wanted me to leave in the first place.

And my flashback...

My hands clenched into fists. It is a good thing I told Kaldur to take Mrs O'Leary. Otherwise I would be having this conversation with him.

You're trying to stall. You lost your chance to deny it. But...I think I can come up with a way for you to avoid going back for a little longer.

"What's that?" I asked.

Well...we could always go get donuts.

I laughed and kissed his nose. "You never change do you?"

Boss, you're making me blush. He tossed his head.

I swung myself up onto his back and clicked my tongue.

He took off. You know, you could say let's go.

"Yeah but then you'd ask for donuts."

True. So...can we get donuts?

Later

I walked into the kitchen. The stones of my sash clicked together as I twisted it around my hand.

"Hey babe, where have you been?" Wally sped over and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"I was out enjoying the surface world." I smiled up at him. "Kaldur took me to a strawberry patch."

"Strawberries are out of season." Artemis narrowed her eyes at me.

"We did not pick any, we simply enjoyed the scenery." I moved over to my brother. He reached into his pocket and handed me Riptide.

"Did Blackjack have anything to say?"

"Donuts." I chuckled and tucked the pen into the waistband of my shorts. "Would you mind assisting me with this?"

I held the sash in front of me and he took it with a nod.

"I do not understand how you and Mother wear these all of the time."

"Okay, I think I've been pretty patient, for me. But what language are you speaking?" Connor asked.

"Ancient Greek. It is taught alongside Atlantean. We also recieve a rudimentary education in Latin." I replied as Kaldur fixed my sash and the belt.

"So why speak in Greek?" Robin looked up from his phone.

"It depends on what I have not spoken for a while. Additionally, Atlantean has several different dialects depending on if you are from Shayeris, Poseidonis, or another city-state. While Kaldur and I tend to use the common Atlantean used in Poseidonis, sometimes it is easier to avoid difficulties by using Ancient Greek."

"For once you have crafted a believable lie."

"It does contain some truth. Look at the speech patterns of our friends."

"So you guys just do it because you feel homesick?" Megan took yet another cookie sheet out of the oven.

"Essentially yes. Percy, I believe this will be okay."

"Thank you." I stepped away from him.

"You look hot." Wally commented.

"My clothes are designed for me to stay cool. Atlantean physiology is susceptible to heat."

"I...uh..."

Wally trailed off as Kaldur wrapped his arms around me.

"Plan Theta." He mumbled.

"How long should we do it?"

"Until we feel like stopping." He pressed a kiss to my cheek.

A smile spread across my face. We have come up with a great deal of plans over the years. This one entails us acting slightly like we are dating.

It was quite fun the last time we used it. At least until our queen discovered what we were up to.

"I have some reports I must complete, if you need anything...please attempt to settle it amongst yourselves first."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as he walked away. Instead I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle if water.

The Team stared at me as I drank. Pulling the bottle away from my lips, I spoke.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

They shook their heads and different answers fell from their mouths, all along the lines of it's nothing or no reason.

I simply nodded and looked at the counter...and the smoking toaster.

"Should it be doing that?"

I received my obvious answer the second it exploded. Thankfully, I managed to drop to the ground in order to avoid shrapnel.

"Okay, who pulled a Tim Taylor on the toaster?!"

I ignored the question and rushed to Kaldur's room. I ran into him halfway there as he tried to rush to the source of the explosion.

"What-"

"A toaster exploded." I pushed him back into his room.

"Unfortunately that is not the weirdest thing I have heard." He chuckled and closed the door.

My arms wrapped around him and I rested my forehead against his chest. "May I stay in here tonight?"

"Why?"

I frowned. "You saw one of my nightmares. The others are worse, and the ones that involve the training exercise...and..."

"You do not know what they will be like after the funeral today."

I nodded and he pulled me closer to him.

"I will stay with you."

Being honest, this is crap and I honestly have no idea what I'm typing right now cause my eyes are barely open not even joking

But if you guys what updates in any of my books, imma gonna need ideas cause in trying to get out of cleaning and stuff

Anyway

For this book

The usual ideas and guesses

Also uh...I threw in the toaster for the one person I'm sorry but I'm so tired rn

See yah