23

When I woke up, my friends were gone and I was laying in my pod. Not to mention I felt horrible.

Light flooded the room and I groaned softly, moving an arm to cover my eyes.

"Are you feeling well?" Mother rested her hand on my forehead. "You are warm."

"Where are the others?" I asked, surprised at how hoarse my voice was.

"They left last night Kaldur. You began coughing and I am not sure if it is a surface illness or not."

"If it is one, then you should not be around me. You do not have resistance to them." I sat up, moving as far away as I could.

"Hush my son, allow me to care for you." She pulled me back to her, a hand running over my hair. "Are you hungry?"

"A little." I admitted. A soft smile was visible on my face as she pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I will make you something to eat."

"Thank you Mother." I laid back down.

She laughed softly and exited the room. Soon enough, Father came in and lifted me.

I protested, but gave up when my headache became worse.

"You must not be feeling well, normally you argue more than Percy." He sat me on my usual seat by the table. Mother entered and sat a bowl of soup in front of me.

I hesitated, only to pick up the spoon and begin eating. I only ate half.

"Finish your food." Father said.

I groaned and pushed the bowl away. "I cannot eat anymore."

"Kaldur'ahm."

"I do not eat much while I am well, so I am afraid this is all I will be able to manage."

Mother sat next to me, gently rubbing my shoulder. I laid down, resting my head on her lap.

"Are you still tired?" She mumbled.

I nodded slightly, before a small whine emerged from my throat.

She gently rubbed the back of my neck, humming a lullaby. My eyelids grew heavy and I drifted towards sleep, only to be interrupted by a coughing fit.

"Hush little one, you must rest now." She continued to try to lure me to sleep. "You must rest to get better. What if you go to-"

"I want to lay here." I mumbled, curling up slightly.

This is when I appreciate the differences in Atlantean culture. In the presence of family, and even as the eldest child, I am allowed to do this.

"Go ahead, it will give me extra time with you. I have not seen you as often as I would like. You are always so busy helping the king."

"Mother, I want to cuddle with you." I glanced up at her.

She laughed and carried me to her and Father's room. She laid me in the shared pod before sitting beside me.

I nestled close to her side, head resting on her lap. I am glad my teammates cannot-

I shot up. "Mother, I am supposed to go back to the-" I was cut off by another cough.

"I will fight our king if he attempts to take you away from me while you are ill." She pulled me back down. One of her hands pressed against my chest to prevent me from moving.

After a moment she sighed. "I have missed you."

"I have as well."

I did not say anything after that, I was instead listening as Mother began singing the same lullaby as before.