46

Kaldur followed me out from my room to where our king and Batman stood waiting.

He hovered behind me and I could feel his eyes scanning over me, no doubt searching for any visible sign of what I had went through. Any sign that he had missed.

As we stood underneath the combined gazes of our king and Batman, Kaldur messed with the back of my top.

"You wanted us my king?" I asked.

"Yes... Kaldur'ahm, what are you doing?"

"Her top is crooked." He mumbled.

Our king sighed. "Black Canary said the two of you got into an argument which led to-"

"Why were you crying?" Batman asked and I stiffened.

"I was not-"

"Your eyes are red and there are tear stains on your face." He interrupted me.

"Percy, why were you crying?" Our king asked.

Kaldur wrapped his arms around me and pulled me so my back was pressed to his chest.

"It is nothing my king." I avoided his gaze.

"With you it is never nothing. So what is it?"

"It is nothing to be concerned about."

Our king sighed and shifted his gaze to Kaldur. "What is it?"

"My king, this is her decision and hers alone. I am not going to-"

"You are the eldest. It is your decision to tell me."

Kaldur's arms tightened around me. He swallowed and rested his chin on my head.

"She was tortured."

I stared at Orin, pressing myself back against Kaldur. His eyes widened and he lifted a hand to cover his mouth.

After a few moments he looked at Batman. "I...I think we should hold off on speaking them about their argument for the moment. I must speak with them. Now."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of Kaldur's grip before dragging me through the Cave.

His hand was tight around my arm, but I did not say anything. I looked behind to see Kaldur trailing us.

Our king pulled me into the room which Black Canary uses for therapy.

"Computer, secure the room."

Room secured

My arm was released and I avoided his eyes again.

"Were you planning on telling me this?" Our king's voice was harsh and I shook my head.

"You are aware this borders on treason correct?"

"I am." I said.

Kaldur stood beside me, his hand in his jacket pocket.

"If you would have reported this immediately, I could grant some leniency. But I cannot now. You have withheld the fact that you were in a position of vulnerability where you could have given away tactical information."

A small whimper escaped my throat and I moved so I was behind Kaldur.

It is pathetic.

I can face down some of the worst mythological monsters and some gods, but I am scared of a king I only bow to because I was raised to.

I am scared of a man who answers to me.

"Percy, you..." he sighed. "You know what the punishment is for failure to comply with the rules and mandates set forward for all current and former soldiers. Especially that one."

"And you are aware of the punishment for going against the order of the royal family?" Kaldur asked. "Because I think you forget that Percy and I both outrank you."

My eyes widened and I looked up at Kaldur, who looked back at me with a small smile on his face.

"Her father gave me full jurisdiction over the both of you."

I took a deep breath. Okay. This may be a stupid thing to do but if it will keep me from dying...

"Call my father and consult him on the matter."

Orin held up a finger and walked out of the room.

Kaldur turned around and lifted me up. He held me close to him and rested his head against mine. "I will not let him harm you. I will not let you perish."

"It is up to my father now. If he says...If he says I should face the punishment for the crime, then I will have no choice but to-"

"No! I am not letting you die! I do not care if it means treason, I will protect you. It's my job as your brother."

A tear trailed down my face and I gripped his jacket with white knuckles.

"I...I do not want to die."

"And I will make sure that you will not." Kaldur sat me down and rested a hand on the side of my face. "I told you Percy, I am not going to let any harm come to you."

He gave a gentle smile and wiped away the tears on my face. "I promise you that. I will not allow them to hurt you."

"Do not."

"Why?"

"If you attempt to stand against them, you will only face the same punishment. And then...the both of us will have to be mourned." I looked away from him. He sat beside me on the chair and wrapped an arm around me.

"I would rather die trying to protect you than live in a world where you were executed for treason. Especially for something which did not have any effect on the undersea kingdoms. Especially when you have done so much to save the world."

I leaned against him and swallowed. "I...I am so scared. What if...What if he says..."

"Hush. Do not think about it. Worrying will make no difference."

That only made my heart beat faster. I reached over and grabbed his hand, and squeezed it.

"He will choose the best option."

"We do not know what that is."

Okay

Here's this

I gotta go to class so...

See yah