50

I laid on the couch, staring blankly at the TV.

"Percy? Are you okay?" Megan asked.

"Yes." I mumbled, which caused Megan to sit beside me. She rested a hand on my side.

"Are you sure? You have not seemed the same since that man was here."

I groaned and sat up. Robin was not the best choice for me to ask for physical affection.

I am so used to people not thinking twice or feeling awkward when sharing affection, that I forgot about the differences people raised solely on land have.

"That man was to decide my fate. And when he did, he brushed me away as if I was nothing more than a bother to him." I chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?"

"It is funny. I have done so much for him, for his family. Despits what he has said, when it comes down to it, I mean nothing to him." A tear rolled down my face. "I am something to be thrown away the moment I am no longer useful."

Megan wrapped her arms around me and pulled me towards her. "It's okay. It doesn't matter what he thinks. I care about you, and I know the rest of the Team does too."

I sighed and she released me.

"What?" She asked.

"You know how Atlantean's cannot survive in high temperatures?"

"Yes, and?"

"We also cannot survive without affection. Physical affection. I do not know why, but it is something we need. We are not often in want or need of it, because our culture provides us with all we need." I said, staring at my hands. "But here on the surface, that affection is much harder to find."

"Kaldur has never mentioned this before."

"Because he is too proud to admit it. He would rather die than ask an Earther for a hug."

"But we're his friends."

I rolled my eyes. "Megan, in case you have not noticed Earthers are much more loathe to show affection. Undersea, Kaldur would not have to ask. Garth or Topo or any of our friends would not hesitate to pull him into a hug if they so much as thought he needed one. In fact, there have been occasions where we all layed together in a pile."

That occurred a lot during our military service. We would come into our barracks after training and pile together for a power nap.

Ah, good times. Good times.

"And what does this have to do with that man?" Megan asked.

"To refuse someone affection, especially when you know the person well, is an insult. They are saying that they do not care about your wellbeing enough to spare a moment of their time. And that man..." I wiped my eyes. "It hurt a lot coming from him."

We sat in silence for a minute.

"Do you...do you need a hug?" Megan looked at me.

"I do not want to make you-"

"I'm happy to be a source of affection for you, it'll be like a have another sister."

She pulled me into another hug and I returned it. We sat there for a while, with me simply taking in all of the affection.

And then my phone rang.

I groaned and moved to look at my phone. Camp.

I answered it.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Hey Percy. Can you come back to camp?" Will's voice came through.

"Why?"

"Well, uh-" there was an explosion and then some yelling. "-first off, the Stolls are being themselves. Second we think there might be some monsters just outside of camp which are targeting demigods and satyrs."

"I'm in the middle of something here."

"Sitting on a couch and eating cookies is not something Jackson." Will automatically switched to Greek in response.

"Actually I'm not eating cookies. I am watching TV with a friend."

"Well make an excuse and get out of there. There's still too many campers who we won't let have weapons and my cabin can't do anything to help."

"Is that Kelp Head?" I could hear Nico ask.

"Yes it is. Now go lie back down and stop shadowtraveling!" Will yelled before sighing. "Chiron has his hands tied right now because he's trying to figure out how to train the campers without putting anyone at risk. All the Campers who aren't on the watch list are watching the ones on the list and the Hunters left a while ago. Diana's busy with League stuff. I'm only calling you as a last resort Percy. I know you're trying not to make anyone mad but right now you're our only hope."

"What kind if monster is it?"

"We have no idea. The only thing I know, is that we had no idea it was here until a satyr managed to make it into the barrier...he's a daffodil."

"Fine. I'll be there in a little bit." I hung up.

"I need to go. I should be back shortly."

"Where are you going?"

"A friend needs help so I am going to assist him. It should not take more than four hours." I said as I walked to my room.

I changed into a shirt, one with a turtleneck, and a pair of jeans. The I pulled my jacket on.

I looked at my dagger sitting on my dresser. I shook my head. I do not think I will need it.

After all, how hard could one monster be to defeat?

I love my one day fall break

Cause I get to stay home until twoish and then go to scholar challenge.

Yay!

Anyway...

I don't have much to say except we got a new microwave

And I have a contest book up and deadline to join it is the 14th

(You can make and enter a book even if it's not done. And it's not limited to Percy jackson things. I have two contest that go on at the same time so...)

See yah