55

That way. I gestured to the left, looking at the blinking dot on the phone.

I ran ahead, uneasiness settling in my gut. No sound, aside from our footsteps, echoed off of the stone walls.

I held an arm out to prevent the children from going further. I looked around the corner. A metal door blocked my view into the room, with several locks and bars across it.

They should be in here.

I walked forward and snapped the chains before removing the bars. I pulled on the handle. The door swung open.

My eyes widened at the sheer amount of blood on the floor.

Keep watch, this may be a trap. I slowly moved towards the huddled figure pressed against the back wall.

"Kaldur?" I asked.

He started shaking.

"We are going to get you out of here." I knelt down and gently rested a hand on his shoulder. He flinched away. I jumped when growling cut the air. It took a moment for me to realize it was coming from Kaldur.

Aquaman, I'm not getting a response from him.

Back away from the entrance to this room. I know he would never wish to harm you, but he is no doubt in extreme pain. He will not be thinking clearly, if he is thinking at all.

"Kaldur you need to-" I cut off as he scrambled to his feet and darted out of the room.

His action surprised me and I did not respond right away.

Great, why did Wally have to be with Robin and not us? Artemis thought.

The other sites would have required their skill sets to get inside. I ran after Kaldur.

I found him in a room similar to the one he was held in. He knelt on the ground, revealing the mess of skin on his back.

His skin icons faintly glowed as Percy's hand rested on his arms. He ran shaking hands through his sisters hair.

Walking over, I could see them visibly tense and Kaldur pulled Percy closer to his chest so he was shielding her.

Kaldur began growling again and I sighed.

Why's he doing that? Connor asked.

I do not know, but it is unsettling.

"I do not wish to hurt you, either of you. But if you do not let me help you I may have to use methods I do not wish to."

Percy peered at me with wary eyes, eyes that soon closed. My heart pounded and I swallowed.

"You want her to be safe, so do I. Let me take you out of here. Let me take you to a safe place."

"Enough with this." Connor walked in and lifted Kaldur. Kaldur lost his grip on Percy and I managed to catch her before she hit the ground.

I watched as Kaldur fought against Connor and as Megan flew over. She rested a hand on his forehead and her eyes glowed. His body went lax.

"He's unconcious. We should get to the Bioship before they wake up."

Thankfully, whoever, whatever had kidnapped and did this to them didn't make an attempt to stop us. Actually that may come back to haunt us in the end, but for this moment it is a fortunate occurrence.

I laid Percy onto one of the cots in the ship. "We need to get them back to the Cave. I did not expect them to be in this bad of shape. They will need a blood transfusion and I think it is obvious that they cannot give each other blood. Until they are capable, sorcery will be their key to survival."

"Percy's dad is a god. Isn't there something he could do?" Artemis asked.

"I do not need to check to know she is dehydrated. If she had access to water she could have facilitated an escape. She won't be able to heal herself until her body has maintained a steady, healthy water level for a couple days."

I did not add that he would not like that she had been tortured again. I do not know how he would respond and frankly I do not want to.

Speaking of unpleasant things, I am going to have to call their mother. She will murder me for letting this happen but she deserves to know.  Plus if she discovered it later she would be even more likely to murder me. I dialed a number on my phone and waited for Sally to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hello Sally. Do you mind contacting Percy's mother? I need her to come surface side, since I have important information and I feel as though she should be told it in person."

"Is Percy okay?"

I looked at the pale, bloodied and battered girl laying on the cot.

"Yeah." I lied. "Thank you, Sally. Now if you excuse me I have business I must attend to. Tell Paul hello for me. Bye." I hung up.

I grabbed a rag and dupped water onto it. I went to wipe the blood off of their faces, but the moment my hand got close them they flinched away, even though they were unconcious.

Pressing my lips together, I wiped my hands. I just realized that this is a white wash rag. I walked into the cockpit and leaned against the hull, staring out the window.

These children have dealt with too much. Quite honestly, I am debating forcing them to take a leave of absence to recover after this ordeal.

The only thing is, they won't agree to it.

My *clap* phone *clap*  is *clap* almost *clap* dead

How'd you like it

What you think is gonna happen next

I'm gonna eat a sandwich

See yah