42

"Percy? What are you doing here?" Will looked up from quiver to look at me.

I bit my lip and looked away from him. "I uh...need to talk to you. Well not really I need to it's more of-"

"Okay."

"-a want to talk to you thing and I mean if you're too busy I don't have-"

"Percy, I said okay." He rested a hand on my shoulder, giving me a gentle smile.

"Oh...um, where do you want to do this at?"

"Wherever you're comfortable with."

I swallowed and shuffled my feet. "What place has the least chance of anyone overhearing us?"

"Probably the woods. A lot of kids..." he sighed. "After you left, there were a lot of kids who went into the woods without a weapon. Dryads had to drag them out. Chiron cleared out the monsters and made it a rule no one is supposed to go out there. He goes and checks the woods himself every couple hours but we should be okay."

He grabbed his bow and the two of us walked out into the woods in silence. We made it to Zeus's Fist and sat down.

"So...what do you want to talk about?" Will leaned back against a rock. "The fact that you keep lying about where you got those scratches from?"

"Will..."

"I seriously thought you would have actually talked or tried something help yourself when you were under watch, but all you did was try to leave. Do you have any idea how concerning that was for us? Everyone thought you wanted to leave so you could die!"

I laughed and shook my head. "Will, if I wanted to die, I'd have been dead before Chiron put me on watch. And I mean, sure those scratches didn't come from a cat, but it doesn't mean that I want to die."

"Then why do you hurt yourself? And why'd you want to leave?"

Sighing, I looked at him. "There's this kid I know, I've known him for like forever. And he's normally really nice, if not overprotective, but I saw him right after the war...and he acted like he hated me. He yelled at me after i had a flashback because I put his other friends in danger and he constantly made comments. I was staying with him and his friends when you guys locked me in my cabin. I didn't want to make him more upset..."

"So he pushed you over the edge?"

I nodded. "I had a nightmare, and I'm so used to going to him. Because he listens and he can usually get me back to sleep. But he said I was weak and I can't keep going to other people. And so I sat in my bedroom and scratched my arms. He found me, told me to stop, and then threatened me if I ever did it again."

Will stared at me. "Threatened you how?"

"Nothing bad. Just telling the others and our boss and then having me sent home."

We sat in silence until Will sighed.

"I know there's something else Percy. What is it?"

"He um...well, turns out he was trying to protect me by getting me to leave and now he's back to normal. But he had a nightmare and the groups basically mom found him and tried to get him to talk. He wouldn't. I tried to get him to, and then he yelled at me cause I refuse to talk to him and here we are."

"Tell me about what he was talking about you not telling him."

"Will, I made a promise to Annabeth. I'm never speaking about what happened. Ever."

"She's dead, and this is going to kill you if you keep it! I don't want to lose anyone else!" Will yelled, tears falling down his face.

My eyes widened and I pulled him into a hug. I gently hushed him, rocking back and forth.

"Everyone keeps trying to kill themselves and- and they never think about how we feel when we- when we have to lock them up or save them and..." He sobbed.

"Will, look at me." I rested a hand on his face, forcing him to look at me. "I'm not going to kill myself because of this. I just don't want to talk about what...happened when..." I trailed off as memories flashed in my mind.

I started hyperventilating as the world around me turned to the cell. As trees turned to stone, and fallen leaves turned to spilled blood.

Chrysaor stood infront of me, with Annabeth on the ground, his foot planted on her back.

"I'd rethink your answer little sister, or else the blondie gets hurt."

I struggled against the chains. "Let her go!"

"Oh, switching to Atlantean huh? I must have really made you mad. Oh well, guess the Athena spawn gets another scar."

His sword flashed and blood spilled from Annabeth's side.

"So tell me, are you going to join us? Or are you going to let me keep torturing you and your oh so precious best friend?"

"Leave her out of this!"

He laughed. "Wow, you're just as much as an idiot as I thought you were. You don't get a say in the matter, you know why? Because here, I'm in control. And all you are is a puny little demigod." His hand wrapped around my throat and he squeezed, choking me. "And you mean nothing."

Welp

I am running on three hours of sleep right now and I'm at a family reunion.

Yay.

But you're getting an early chapter out of this so...

Do you guys have any ideas? Or anything you want to see?

Um................

See yah