71

Darkness cloaked the room, no light anywhere. I had long ago unplugged my alarm clock. I blinked and looked around the room, pulling my legs to my chest. The knocks at my door had long since ceased, and I hoped they had finally understood. It was better to leave me alone than to waste any time on me.

My stomach grumbled and I winced. Not from hunger, no. I had long since grown use to the constant pangs of hunger. The first two weeks offered no food, and after that-

My hands pressed against my temples. No. Nonononononononononono. Do not think about that. Still, flashes of the bloodstained floor flickered in front of my eyes. I choked on my own breath and my body lurched to the side. Sharp pain shot through my head as it hit against the floor. Colors danced in front of my eyes. I whimpered, nails digging at my arms. 

Warm blood ran over my clammy skin. The longer I laid there on the floor the more soft keening left my throat. Bugs crawled over my skin. My limbs were weighed down by weights and chains. Bloody nails scratched at the back of one hand.

Soon that turned to me chewing on my knuckles and fingers. I knew what I needed, but I absolutely refused to get it. I stood up and paced my room, muttering quietly to myself. Occasionally I would run shaking fingers through my tangled and knotted hair. I would cut it, but Black Canary removed any and all cutting instruments from my quarters. Most likely at my king's orders, but I could not help but wonder why. The moment I am put on trial I will be sentenced to death. Why should he be concerned over whether or not I die at my own hand or at that of the executioner?

"Kaldur?"

"Go away, Garth."

"Open the door."

"No."

"Kaldur."

"I am not opening the door, Garth."

 Whispering and then a beep as the lock was overridden. The door opened and- "Oh for the love of Poseidon. Kaldur, why is all of your furniture in front of the door? And how did you even manage this?"

"I wish to be left alone."

"We all wish for you to eat. Given the fact that there are more of us than there are of you, I believe our wants take precedence." The pile shifted and something fell causing Garth to curse.

"I am not hungry."

"Bullshit," Tula said. "You have not left your room for quite a while, my friend. We know for a fact there is no food in there given as you have refused to take anything we have left outside of your door."

"I have left my room, it is not my fault you do not notice."

"That is not the point! " She sighed. "I- Megan? Can you move this?"

Shit. 

Shit.

"Leave me alone."

Contrary to my wishes, the furniture I had piled against my door moved back to its original positions. Tula walked in, not turning on the light. There was more than enough light pouring in from the hallway to allow her to see. I sighed and looked away from them, crossing my arms. 

"Kaldur," Tula said, walking over to me. She lifted her hands. I took a step back, ignoring the look on her face: eyebrows drawn together, worry shining in her eyes. She reached forward.

"Don't."

She sighed and looked back at Garth. He nodded. Before I knew what was happening, I was tackled to the ground. Garth joined Tula on the pile along with Ronal. I twisted in Tula's grip.

"Let me go!"

"No." She tightened her grip on me. "You cannot keep doing this to yourself, Kaldur. You are going to die if you keep yourself locked up in here." Her words, though they made sense, did not stop me from continuing my attempts to escape. "Sh, calm down. We are not going to hurt you." Finally she loosened her grip enough for me to roll out from under the pile. I pressed myself into the corner of the room, keeping a wary eye on my friends. "Kaldur..."

"I mean what I say, leave me alone." I folded in on myself. "Just-Just leave me alone."

"We cannot do that, Kaldur," Garth said. He sat in front of me. "We are your friends, and we are not going to sit idly by as you destroy yourself. You know you cannot keep yourself locked in your room forever, eventually your body will give out and you will die."

"Do you really believe that I do not know the consequences for what I am doing? I was locked in a cell for three months without physical affection, as was Percy, yet I do not see you cornering her over this."

"Because she is allowing Tula and Garth to offer her affection." Ronal crossed his arms. "You keep pushing us away. At this point, it seems as if you are trying to kill yourself."

I sat in silence, not making any attempt to deny. 

"Kaldur." Tula's voice wavered. "You- you are not trying to- You are not truly trying to cause your own death, are you?"

I could not bring myself to look at her, shifting my gaze to my arms. Garth inhaled and his hand pressed against my skin, pulling it away covered in blood. He wiped it on his pants, leaving a deep red smear. Warm arms wrapped around me and pulled me close, no matter how hard I tried to fight against them. The door closed as someone left, and then it opened some time later. I peeked out from Garth's embrace, only for all the blood to drain from my face. 

Shit.

Well, its up to you if this takes place before or after the last chapter. I need to study for a quiz. 

See yah