33

"Mother?" I called, swimming through the house. "Father?"

There was a certain feeling of dread hanging in the water, an offness that I could not place.

I should have known what it was long before I saw Sha'ark.

My friend's hands were digging into the doorway. Quite literally digging into the material of the frame. It seemed as though he was holding himself back.

"Sha'ark, why are you here?" I asked.

"I smelt...you do not want to see this chum."

I pushed past him and immediately I felt bile rise up.

"I told you." He mumbled.

Mother and Father were floating in the water, blood swirling. I stumbled backwards into Sha'ark as I took in the details.

The destroyed room. The torn bodies. The writing on the wall.

I shot up in my pod, staring at the wall. There was no blood smeared, no blood forming a warning. I do not know how one would manage to write in blood underwater, but I have seen stranger things occur.

I ran a hand through my hair. It was simply a dream. A dream in which my family is murdered, but a dream nonetheless.

I wished Kaldur was with me, so he could get me calm enough to go back to sleep. But he's on land and I'm undersea. The opposite of what we used to be.

After a few moments, I got out of the pod and left the house. I did not know where I was going, but I was going somewhere.

I saw no one, in the light glow of the lanterns or in the darkness of the shadows.

I am actually surprised at how no one has put together what I am at camp. I try to hide my tattoos and hands from them as much as possible, manipulating the Mist when I have to, but someone had to have noticed something by now.

How I am stronger than the Ares campers, how I was so proficient with both a sword and dagger upon arriving to camp, how I sometimes mumble to myself in Atlantean.

How sometimes when I speak I do not use certain words, or I substitute a word that others would not assume I know. How if someone says something about Atlanteans, I always listen a little closer losing focus on whatever conversation I had been in. How my eyes reflect light like a cats.

How I refuse to wear short sleeved shirts, how I always wear a jacket or a turtleneck, how I don't wear gloves.

I do not know how nobody has noticed, or if they have, why they have not said anything.

I sighed and looked around, pressing my lips together as I realized where I was.

How did I end up in Poseidonis so quickly? Perhaps I was subconsciously propelling myself through the water?

That is the only explanation that I can come up with that makes sense.

No matter how I got there, I was currently floating outside the Conservatory. More specifically, the dorms that house the students.

After a brief moment of hesitation, I swam inside. The hallways were clear of people, all of them most likely asleep.

Small decorations of jellyfish were on each door, with the names of the students residing within that room.

Eventually I found a door containing two familar names and I tried the handle.

It was unlocked.