16

"I, Perseus Jackson daughter of Poseidon, allow Kaldur'ahm into Camp Half-blood."

I stepped through the barrier, everything beyond it appearing to me.

As a wind blew, I could smell strawberries but it was sickly sweet.

"The smell is from all the ones that are overripe or got smashed." Percy commented before walking towards the raging campfire.

"Are you sure you want me here?" I asked, following.

"I...I need you." She glanced back at me. "But they still do not know."

"Will they ever know?"

"Perhaps."

"Hey Percy." A blond walked up to Percy, blocking our path.

"Hi Will. What do you want?"

Will raised an eyebrow and gestured to Percy's jacket. "Let me see."

She sighed and pushed up her sleeves. "I didn't need concern then and I don't need it now."

"That's why Clarisse said you had scratch marks on your arms? You can easily heal yourself Percy so your whole cat story doesn't exactly work out."

"Those were my fault, weren't they?" I asked.

"What language is that?" Will looked at me.

"Atlantean." Percy shrugged. "Dad is being a bit overprotective and wants him to watch me while I 'recover'. Cause I definitely can't handle it myself."

"Huh, thought you were going to lie about that. I'm going to go get Nico. Are you going to say something at the funeral or...?"

She shook her head. "I'll start crying before I get the first word out. Honestly, it's a miracle that I'm not sobbing right now. And uh...technically, he shouldn't be here."

"They'll hear nothing from me." Will offered a small smile. "I'll see you later."

As Will walked away, I chuckled. "How did you lie to him?"

She always complains about his abilities as a human polygraph. Which, I will admit, is a useful skill.

"I did not. Father always wants you to look after me. Additionally sarcasm makes it harder for him to sense a lie."

We began walking again and Percy led us towards the fire.

"I do not want them to see me crying." She explained as she sat as far away as possible.

"You know it is not a sign of weakness."

She pressed her lips together and looked away from me. "I may have a flashback during this...I think we should leave."

"Sister, you were the one who wished to come here." I reminded her.

"You have seen what has happened when I have a flashback. Here we are not far from the lake and the sea is not far either. The damage caused would be extensive."

Before I could reply, demigods began filling the common area,

"You're in our spot."

I looked up. A highly attractive girl had her hands on her hips as she glared at us. A group of kids were behind her.

The glare was quickly replaced. "Why hello there, handsome. Who's your parent?"

"Knock it off Drew." Percy spoke. "I know you make it your goal to get in everyone's pants but stay away from him."