22

"Kaldur!" Lori swam over and hugged me. "It has been too long."

I grinned and returned the hug, looking over her shoulder to see the rest of my friends.

"Good to see you chum." Sha'ark bared his teeth in a smile.

Lori released me allowing me to greet the others.

"How is the surface?" La'gaan questioned.

"It is much brighter naturally, and the climate more varied." I responded, giving him my full attention before turning to Topo and Blubber.

"Have you had any adventures on the surface?" Topo asked. "I...I could always make a mural or something. I need the practice."

"There are too many to relay. And you are too kind my friend, my doings do not deserve the honor of your work."

Blubber laughed and offered a hello. Ronal only did the latter.

"Sorry we are late!" Garth swam over to me, pulling me into a hug. "You are well correct?"

"You seem happy Kaldur, is that from your work or finally returning home?" Tula laughed and I smiled at her.

"It feels as though I have never left. Although for you, I have been away for quite some time. Would you mind if we postponed our reunion until after I have visited my mother and father?"

"What if we accompanied you? It is fairly late." Garth proposed.

"That is a wonderful idea." Lori looked at me. "May we?"

I nodded. "I do not see the harm in it. We should leave before I am needed on the surface."

I turned and swam in the direction of my birthplace. "This way."

The swim was uneventful, aside from Topo tiring and requiring me to carry him on my back the rest of the way.

"I am sorry Kaldur." He yawned.

"It is okay my friend, you are tired and need your rest." I said, swimming towards the familiar house.

"Should we wait outside?" Tula's hands clasped together as she stared at the entrance.

"Come inside, my parents will not care." I entered and immediately, Topo released himself from me.

"Mother? Father?" I called as my friends waited patiently.

Hands grabbed mine and I stared into the face of my mother.

"You look thin, have you been eating?" Mother inquired, pursing her lips.

I did not answer, knowing she would not be pleased with my response. Instead I asked a question of my own. "How have you been?"

"I am well. Now answer my question." She tightened her grip on my hands.

I leaned in so I could whisper. "Can we please discuss later?"

"No we cannot. Set the table for your friends, I will make food. Calvin! Kaldur is home!"

My eyes widened slightly, if she gets Father involved in this matter...

"What was that about?" Ronal asked.

"She thinks I am not eating enough." I set the table, double checking the amount of plates. I glanced towards the kitchen and saw Father and Mother talking.

Great.

"And are you?" Tula rested a hand on my arm.

"I do not have time. My friends usually force me to sit down long enough to eat."

"You need to eat more, chum." Sha'ark sat down. "Or else you'll become chum."

"Sha'ark!" Lori glared at him.

A hand squeezed my shoulder before Father sat beside me.

"Should I be concerned of what your mother just told me?" He mumbled.

"I am fine."

He pulled me close to his side, causing my friends to snicker.

"I guess I should be, you seem like you have lost weight since I have last seen you." He released me and thanked Mother as she placed the meal on the table.

"Thank you." My friends chorused before digging in.

She stilled my hand as I went to fix my own plate. Piling food on my plate, she placed it back in front of me.  "I will be back in a moment my son."

I simply stared at the plate until Father elbowed me lightly, prompting me to eat.

Mother quickly returned, placing a tray of kelpcakes infront of us.

"Happy birthday Kaldur'ahm." She kissed the top of my head. "I wish Percy was here."

"She is well, and safe." I whispered  as Ilooked up at her, unsure if Percy wanted the others to know. "I asked if she would accompany me here but she did not wish for me to get in trouble."

"Wait, it is your birthday?!"

I smiled and nodded. "Mother, would it be okay if my friends stayed the night?"

"Of course. I assume you will not be sleeping in pods?"

"You would assume correctly. "

After we finished eating, my friends and I sat in the main room of the house, talking.

"Do you think Percy would say yes if I ever asked her on a date?" Ronal asked.

"First off you would have to make it past Kaldur." La'gaan laughed. "Plus...she is still missing."

"You are a tad overprotective my friend." Garth threw an arm over my shoulder, ignoring the second part.

"I am not that overprotective."

"Raise an appendage if you believe he is exactly that overprotective."

Everyone raised a hand or flipper.

"Anyone wish to play truth or dare?" I asked.

"You know you are not allowed to play that Kaldur!" Mother's voice drifted from another room.

"Only with Percy."

"I expanded it after the occurence with Charles."

I winced at the thought of Beckendorf. Thankfully, none of my friends noticed. Which truly is something to be thankful about.

"Shall we retire for the night?" Lori leaned backwards, ending up partially on Sha'ark.

"That sounds like a good idea. I should try to return early tomorrow...mainly so my friends do not blow up anything worse than a toaster. Goodnight."

The word was repeated around the room.

Mother came in and turned off the lights, pausing to brush a hand over my hair. "Sleep well my little warrior."

A laugh went around the room and my face heated up. I turned on my side so they couldn't see me. "Goodnight!"

This is bad but...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh

I need to sleep or something and prom is this weekend plus end game and

I'm not ready for the emotional trauma

See yah